PDA

View Full Version : Turkey

DashRiprock
5th Dec 2007, 14:54
Hello there folks of Pprune.

Im a Canadian Citizen 1000hrs TT ATPLs written mostly single engine looking for a job out in Turkey.

I have friends that have flown 215s out there and Twin Otters, now I am looking for a little heads up for employment in that neighborhood.

I dont know if airlines like Turkish would accept me with my little time and no type rating, or turbo prop time. Can anyone please list off a few companies that can help me get the ball rollin?

Regards,

Grateful Ppruner,

Payscale
5th Dec 2007, 17:15
Hi,

Try posting in the job section. Turkey is generally not considered a middle eastern country.
Search names as Atlas, Flyjet, Onur and Pegasus. The market is against you since you lack jet time. Have you considered to buy a rating?

Payscale

Anonymus6
5th Dec 2007, 20:51
you need JAA, Type Rating and time on type then you will be competitive.

Hope this helps, and one more thing,,, a lot of people are waiting in line for line training (only line training).

Why not try canada, since the market is slowly growing in Canada.

good luck

ironbutt57
7th Dec 2007, 08:22
Unless you can "fall into" an ab-initio program, most ME jobs require some "transport category" aircraft time.(right now).be it regional jet, or regional turboprop time..ie: Dhc-8, ATR-42 etc...etc...good luck, never say never, and contacts and friends are the wedge into the door...keep on truckin' and applying...it's a very fluid pilot market here, and things change very rapidly...:ok: