PDA

View Full Version : A320 Software for Flight Sim Add On.

arrow28
5th Dec 2007, 14:41
Could anyone please tell me if there is an A320 add on for Flight Sim on the PC.
Or if there is any stand alone software for the A320.

Thanks.

Arrow.

Eight Ball
5th Dec 2007, 14:50
Yes there is. It's published by a company called PSS (Phoenix Simulation Software) for the A320/330/340. It has a working overhead and thrust panel, FMGS, and all working FCU, ECAMS, ND, PFD and ECAM switches.

However, the FMGS does not model all functions of the real one ( ex. secondary flt plan, etc.)

This is a good initial training tool if you're thinking of doing the rating but of course it is incomplete.

G'day

pakeha-boy
5th Dec 2007, 15:16
arrow28 mate.....pm me with your e-mail address...I believe I can send you what you are looking for.....PB....(even if your an ozzy)

arrow28
6th Dec 2007, 00:30
Thanks PB look at your PMS. There is so much advertised on Google, is there one that simulates Normal and Alternate Law? Is there one where you can practise FMGS inputs? Thanks to all for the replies.

pakeha-boy
6th Dec 2007, 01:16
yaeh mate...sent you some info..not sure if its what your looking for...let me know if it come through.....

also try......www.airbusdriver.net.......heaps of good info etc

Eight Ball
6th Dec 2007, 01:26
It's called a McDoo ( MCDU ). You can buy it in South Australia. This teaches all inputs you need to make in the FMGS.

There is also a software that is a tutorial on all A320 systems.

Goodluck

The Bunglerat
6th Dec 2007, 08:07
Arrow28, regarding the issue of normal/alternate law characteristics for an Airbus Flight Sim add-on, regardless of how well the programmers may have attempted to replicate such things, any realism is negated by the fact that you're controlling it via your $30 joystick from Tandy or Kmart. Whilst I've long advocated the use of flight sim software as an excellent training aid (when used properly), you're kidding yourself when it comes to realistic aircraft handling. Use it as an aid for developing situational awareness re cockpit systems and procedures. In that context, there are some very good add-on packages out there.

Incidentally, in the case of the real Airbus fly-by-wire system, it probably wouldn't make much difference to you anyway; there is no tactile sensation of what the aeroplane is doing by "feeling" the sidestick - regardless of flight control law. The only thing you'll notice in direct law is that control deflection is directly proportional to sidestick input, resulting in a tendency to over-control it (as opposed to normal law where control is rate-based as a result of same inputs) - but even then you're still not really feeling anything, as there is no feedback on the stick. That's the essence of fly-by-wire: with the exception of back-up trim and the rudder pedals, there simply is no direct contact (via cables) between the stick and the flight control surfaces. Come to think of it, maybe Airbus borrowed that very same $30 joystick from Kmart! :E

arrow28
9th Dec 2007, 07:02
I am still no closer to acquiring this software. None of the websites have phone numbers. I have e-mailed Phoenix in the UK but no reply. If anybody has a phone number of a distributor preferably in Oz of such software could you please inform me.

This Microsoft Professional A320 software is it any good? I basically just want to be able to fly it so that I am thoroughly familiar with the instrumentation.

DeltaSix
9th Dec 2007, 07:59
Last time I looked, you can just buy it over the internet for around 25 Euros and downloadable into your system.

Try PC Aviator in Melbourne. They will surely have one as they said a few months ago that there is a company about to release an A320 add-on.
I'm not sure if it's Aerowinx but just ask them.

I don't have their number but they are in the white pages.

The MCDU software is distributed by a company in SA called Airline Preparation Service or something..... can't remember the name now but look for them in the internet.

permFO
9th Dec 2007, 11:52
There is a place in Australia called https://www.flightsimstore.com. They have an A320 add on called Airbus series Volume 1. I think it cost about $50.

aulglarse
9th Dec 2007, 14:44
Arrow, as other posters have mentioned PSS, it is an excellant tool for starting on the A320/330/340 series.
Good platform to experiment with systems but no ECAM.
The photo realistic panels with switches that operate most systems is great for flows and awareness/familiarity for an endorsement.
The sounds are very realistic as well.

Have tried the microsoft A320 Command but found to be pretty average...PSS is more for the professional and thorough and has a monthly navdata ( manually update)for the MCDU.

At the moment it costs 10 pounds ( about $25 AUD) which is half the price I paid 2 years ago. Once purchased, you can download the program asap which can be redownloaded at any time . A very cheap investment for an add-on. You may need a slightly faster/powerful computer than they state as "recommended" which will work well.

Let me know if you purchase it(there are a couple of challenges).:8
Best of luck .:ok: