PDA

View Full Version : What is it with big schools not replying?

stevehudd
5th Dec 2007, 11:45
I emailed a well known school in malaga and a school in Western Australia about completing my ppl I.E I have experience already. But they dont wanna know, I emailed some british flight schools in the summer aswell but no reply. Do they not care about people wanting to just finish their course:confused:

Whirlygig
5th Dec 2007, 12:19
But you've only tried one form of communication. If you consider the email address? Is it generic? Or a named individual whom you know still works there? A large company with generic addresses like info@ can quite easily misplace your email. The person administering the mailbox may forward it to the wrong person who may be on holiday anyway etc etc.

Why not ring them up? Even if it's just to ask who the best person to email is?

Don't take it personally - yes, they do want your business (probably) but, the larger the organisation, the more important it is to get the right person.

Cheers

Whirls

stevehudd
5th Dec 2007, 12:26
Good Point Thanks Whirls :), I will probably wait till I get to the area and have a look at schools and ask in person :)

Finals19
5th Dec 2007, 12:55
Thats a bad show really, isn't it? If its any consolation, I've recently emailed two fairly well known Flying schools (one at Gloucester and another at Bournemouth that is without doubt the biggest operator there for training) and neither got back to me with my requests. This was for about £12K worth of CPL/ME/IR conversion training. Oh well, thats them ticked off the list.

Clearly these schools can pick and choose a bit right now. Good customer service is an ongoing thing, not just when you need the custom!

Superpilot
5th Dec 2007, 14:06
Flight schools and emails - Don't get me started!!! :mad:

Even when you send emails to someONE rather than a generic address they take an age to respond if they do at all. Unfortunately, schools have a habit of employing twits who just don't know how to manage correspondence. All the schools I've dealt with have had a habit of not honouring what they say on the phone (their preferred choice of comms). If they could use email properly they would be able to track and deliver everything. Maybe that's what they're scared of? accountability!

Mercenary Pilot
5th Dec 2007, 16:33
If that's the effort you get now, why would you give them any money? Go elsewhere.

MIKECR
5th Dec 2007, 16:44
Get used to it. Its probably good practice for when you start applying for jobs! You'll soon realise how frustrating it is when nobody ever replies to you!! :ugh::ugh::ugh:

deedee
6th Dec 2007, 09:33
please feel free to contact [email protected] and I promise you will get a reply!

WALSue
7th Dec 2007, 20:04
yup, I know all too well about no email responses!
However, I went for the only flying school who did respond to emails and they've gone bust so best try ringing round too

pilotoutlook
8th Dec 2007, 21:23
Flying clubs should be totally geared towards generating more leads and them ignoring leads doesn't make sense...

What are the reasons for this? Any ideas ?

Asrian
9th Dec 2007, 15:48
Sending emails for info is a first test for me. The way and kind of info I receive back is a first indication for me how they run business. If I don't get an answer at all that school/shop/whatever is cancelled from my list. Period.