PDA

View Full Version : tnxs launy:-)

Capt Wally
5th Dec 2007, 10:09
Tnxs to those that where of assitance to me today at Launy (YMLT) when I had cause to visit that lovely state (perfect wx) on a charter. To the guy who owns/runs the 'Adventure" flights using the Nanchang (top guy,loves a chat, very friendly) to the Lovely lady at the RFDS hanger for somewhere to sit & rest some old bones. Also thnxs to the Tassy Aero club for letting my pax thru their doors with a free smile:-).............see camaraderie is something that is rock solid in aviation where almost everything else is being erroded away:-)

Capt Wally :-)

Lasiorhinus
5th Dec 2007, 11:47
Glad to hear friendliness and helpfulness is alive and well.:ok:

Kickatinalong
5th Dec 2007, 21:55
I had the same experience at Xmas time when we (52bods & 21 a/c) hit Launny and we also were made feel more than welcome at the Aero Club nothing was any trouble, even the guys in the tower and airport management were great, mowing grass for us to park etc. I hope we can do the same for them when they come to Bankstown.
Kickatinalong.:D:D:D:ok:

Capt Wally
5th Dec 2007, 22:35
....yr right 'kick' I should have also thanked the twr guy & the safety officer, both helpful at Launy as was the port authority guy at DPO (Devenport) where we slipped in on earlier to a nice & quite almost empty tarmac:-). The only thing that's a pain these days is the hassle of getting itinerate pax back out to the A/C.(that's where the locals are very helpful). I know security is required these days but what surrounds most country airports is a knee high farm fence !!!
Ya gotta love Tassie, :-)

Capt wally:-)

Jabawocky
5th Dec 2007, 23:53
You didnt run into Scurvy D Dog while you were there did you!

Crazy bugger!!:}

J:ok:

hung start
6th Dec 2007, 01:38
I,ve been to Launy many times as well , and the saftey officer very helpfull with cars , the tower and the Aero Club couldn,t have been more helpfull and friendly .a place to sit and relax cup of coffee etc ,we offered to pay but the aero club wouldnt take any money just glad to help (did pay for the coffee though ). I just hope some idiot in an ivory tower ( not control tower )dosent read this and go out of his way to stuff it up . Look forward to my next visit .

Capt Wally
6th Dec 2007, 03:59
................great to read others are enjoying that side of aviation. Might be a good place here to hear of others that have experienced smiling faces at country airports. Generally the hospitality is terrific probably 'cause even the powers to be can't kill off the love of freedom up there with the birds !:-)

Capt Wally
6th Dec 2007, 04:02
.......'jaba' am not sure whom SDD is but lets hope that he eats more vegies, scurvy was last rampant on the pioneering boats!:-)

Scurvy.D.Dog
9th Dec 2007, 00:15
:} .... plenty vegies
.. hey Wally, was that you in the Baron the other day? ….. if so, believe you might have happened across a mad woman at the canteen at the sheep sales??? … I keep trying to have her ‘booked in’ … but the authorities won’t take me seriously :ooh: :E
JabaCrazy bugger!! … I well and truly reflect that comment :} :E .. AND BTW
… it takes one to know one!! :} :p
Re: the LT folks
…. The Ivory Tower (bull**** castle types :suspect:) will never change our attitudes!! :ok:

Capt Wally
9th Dec 2007, 07:32
............SDD good to see yr eating yr vegies, I gather mums insistance paid off:-):)
No it wasn't me in the Baron, props are for boats buddy!:-)

I haven't flown a Baron for so long I would most likely still be wondering why the eng controls are cockeyed !:-) Although I did enjoy flying them once upon a time.
SDD I tend to avoid mad women esspecially at sheep sales !!........the mind boggles there:}
I was in the slippery looking bird parked ahead of the big ugly bird, the Pioneer!:-) Damn that's one big beast:-)
Anyway, lovely day at Launy. Are intrepid aviators allowed up in towers these days for a sticky beak?

I look fwd to when next I go overseas:-)

Capt Wally:-)

Scurvy.D.Dog
9th Dec 2007, 08:17
pffff .... the fairer sex and sheep .... :} .. :E ....cobba ... you have no idea :) :)
Bay 6 eh :E ..... Are intrepid aviators allowed up in towers these days for a sticky beak? ..... you bet :ok:
Hope we catch up next trip .. PM me if ya like, or on arrival just ask if 'Scurv' is about ;)

Capt Wally
9th Dec 2007, 08:32
.....hey yr right Scurv, I have no idea about the fairer sex & sheep & don't want to know:bored:, am wondering why you leave yr gumboots at the base of the tower now ?:} :)
Ok Scurv shall be in touch, although I don't get down to yr lovely area too often unless there are sick people who need our assistance, come to think of it those 'sheep' thoughts might be earning you the tag of being sick !:}:}:}

Was bay 6 if I remember & you said no need for a departure report when we slipped out, I wasn't going to give one anyway, that's the F/O's job & to put the gear up etc !:-):)

Capt Wally:-)

Stationair8
11th Dec 2007, 07:46
The good old Tasmanian Aero Club, just celebrated her 80th birthday.

Nothing like friendly locals at the local airports, run you into town for lunch, or lend you a car to do some sightseeing.
Bet the "fun-police " would like to crack down on this sought behaviour.

Are the old Herons still parked their, a local told me that on a cold frosty morning or night you can still hear them taxiing into the parking bays.
Don't ever go into the Hangar 14 at night time or "Lady Ramsay" will get you!!

Ozgrade3
11th Dec 2007, 08:26
Must give thanks to the Shepperton Aeroclub president for helping me jump start an Arrow last year when we had a dicky battery.

Also an engineer from a mob at Deniliquin who took one of our students under his wing when he was stranded there due weather. Drove the student into own, found a motel for him, showed him where to get dinner then pick up said student and drove him out to the airport and made sure he got airborne ok. That was also on his day off. So many thanks sir, the student will remember your kindness for the rest of his life.