PDA

View Full Version : Angolan Airservices 6 S76C++ Offshore

Chopper Jog
5th Dec 2007, 06:25
Hi there,

Could anyone please cast some light and info on this rumour......? I believe Angolan Airservices (operating out of Luanda - mainly fixed wing) has tendered for a contract to fly offshore in Angola with potentially 6 S76C++. The first S76C++ is due to arrive in Luanda in early 08. Any Sikorky Reps in here?

Furthermore.....where are they going to find qualified S76 pilots/engineers and what will the benefits/pay package be? The schedule 4/4, 5/5, 6/6, 8/4?

Regards,

CJ

Balloothebear
5th Dec 2007, 10:02
CJ
A word of caution before diving headlong into any relationship involving a stand alone expat and an Angolan Army General.........
Many SA/Nam guys and girls have been burned by this operator, tread lightly.
I wish them well if they get this contract, they had one Alo 3 on their operating license, getting a fleet of 6 S76C onto their operating license, given the Generals puppets , will be no problem.
You have been cautioned friend.:rolleyes:

The Jester
5th Dec 2007, 17:46
Aparently AAS will receive 5 new Sikorsky 76 C++ helis in the new year . An offshore contract is in the pipeline . It will be run independently from it's successfull fixed wing ops , which included in the past one Allo III important from Switserland , and was maintained by Pilatus .

Baas
6th Dec 2007, 04:45
:}
The stand alone x-pat from Namibia is a knuckle dragger primate from
the caves in Namibia!
Beware...!!

GULF69
6th Dec 2007, 06:09
I agree with Balloothebear...

rather stay away. if S leaves the company then things might get better but he is running the company into the ground. a number of my good friends flew for him, and they all out of there now after years. Lots of flying, pay is pretty good, but not worth it in the end when you are forced to fly planes that shouldnt be in the air

The Jester
6th Dec 2007, 06:58
CJ

I am sure that the Sikorsky factory will make sure that the NEW helis are airworthy when they get delivered .

As for the company's existing fw fleet , I heard that they are busy with a fleet renewal programme , that will put their average fleet much younger than most of the existing operators in the area . (and in better condition )

The company exist of expats and locals , none of who is " standing alone " , or who was for the past 15 years close to any military activities .

The offshore venture will be managed by a big USA company , so no need to worry about the ungrounded gossip of some of the sunbaked trash from down south .