PDA

View Full Version : JAA initial Class 1 (not from UK/Ireland) - Croatia, Czech, Serbia, Malta...??

Scoobster
4th Dec 2007, 23:40
Folks,

I am currently looking at the above JAA Member states (Croatia, Serbia, Czech, Malta) to acquire an initial JAA Class 1 medical. I am searching for the level of emphasis/leniency placed by the AMS of these and in fact other JAA Member states when testing vision (particularly visual fields/peripheral vision) .

If anyone has completed a medical in any of these states or in fact any other state (apart from Ireland and UK), I would really appreciate the info on the level of testing, emphasis on eyes etc and a general 'heads up'..

Cheers,

Scoobster

Scoobster
6th Dec 2007, 12:01
Has no one ever got an initial class 1 from any other country apart from U.K or Ireland?! :eek:

Surely some living in Europe have taken it somewhere else and can provide an insight?!

fabiensf
8th Dec 2007, 15:36
Have done my initial class 2 in Malta, I was asked to do a stress test even though I was never really given a reason why, so I get the feeling that since there aren't that many pilots in Malta, the few pilots they do test undergo thorough tests...just my interpretation though.

mau mau
11th Dec 2007, 08:20
I asking for: where is the law, where is wrote that the initial medical have to be issue by the same country where you get flight licence?

jezzbaldwin
11th Dec 2007, 09:30
About 15 mins ago I was talking to the Head of Medical Division here in Latvia because I'm in the process of converting my licence. He told me that they have had a number of people coming from the UK to get their initials over here, although this is more a consideration of cost.
I have a medical on Thursday so I should be able to offer a straight renewal comparison after that.
The standard I think should be identical through all JAA states, but I shall ask them about this when I go for mine - watch this space!

And add to this that a medical issued in one JAA state should be valid in all the others. My UK medical has been valid here, and the Latvian medical I will get on Thursday should be recognised in any other state.

Scoobster
11th Dec 2007, 22:47
jezzbaldwin,

I will definately be interested in the opthalmic portion of your exam, in fact the whole exam as a whole.

If you manage to query the doctor, I would be grateful if you managed to find out how visual fields/peripheral vision is tested?

I will pick this up with you via PM.

mutt
12th Dec 2007, 11:03
JAR–FCL 3.065 State of licence issue
(a) An applicant shall demonstrate the
satisfactory completion of all requirements for
licence issue to the Authority of the ‘State of
licence issue’ (see JAR–FCL 3.010(c)).
(b) In circumstances agreed by both
Authorities, an applicant who has commenced
training under the responsibility of one Authority
may be permitted to complete the requirements
under the responsibility of the other Authority.
The agreement shall allow for :
(1) theoretical knowledge training and
examinations;
(2) medical examination and assessment;
(3) flight training and testing,
The Authorities shall agree on the ‘State of
licence issue’

Mutt