PDA

View Full Version : Eurofly: grazie Meridiana!

iceman51
4th Dec 2007, 18:40
Dopo il riscadenziamento dei debiti un altro piccolo passo in avanti per risanare Eurofly è stato fatto. Meridiana si è avvalsa della cd "esenzione da salvataggio" (esenzione da lancio OPA) nell'ambito dell'operazione di ricapitalizzazione e ristrutturazione di Eurofly e potrà quindi apportare ulteriori fondi oltre alla quota d competenza di 4.5mio euro e garantire al massimo 12 dei 15 milioni previsti dell'aumento di capitale deliberato di 15mio. Attenzione però, avendo in precedenza erogato un finanziamento in conto soci per consentire a Eurofly di continuare a volare, dai 12mio si dovrà dedurre il credito in essere per la quota capitale residua all'attualità (che non conosco).

Tento una traduzione operativa pur non avendo dati contabili aggiornati sottomano, ma aiutandomi con il buon senso e con il fatto che il vettore bruciava, se ben ricordo, 1mio euro/mese: Eurofly dovrebbe avere liquidità a sufficienza per volare per almeno altri 12 mesi nella migliore delle ipotesi se le operazioni di ristrutturazione non dovessero portare alcun beneficio. Ma le follie del passato sembrano essere lontane e quindi si può sperare che l'integrazione operativa dei due vettori porti i suoi frutti e la regia di Meridana abbia successo.

Al riguardo purtroppo vedo però cose che non mi piacciono, la solita sindrome del me too! che affligge i vettori "storici" non è scomparsa, ad esempio il volo FCO-NYC. Possibile mai che non trovino niente di meglio che volare qs rotta dove non possono altro che perdere o nella migliore delle ipotesi pareggiare i conti? Volete proprio andare a NYC? allora fatelo da altri aeroporti italiani, magari con uno stop (esempio CTA/PMO-TRN-NYC, magari 4x da CTA e 3x da PMO. Lasciate al momento perdere le sirene di BLQ e NAP, pls) e così facendo NON andate a sbattere contro tutto il "mondo" a FCO, anzi rubate loro i pax che già ora vanno a NYC via FCO, CDG, FRA, MUC, ecc. e scoprite l'immenso mercato potenziale che esiste. Trovate poi qualcuno che vi venda negli States altrimenti potrebbe rivelarsi una mission impossible. E non mi dite che le vs tariffe ex-FCO sono concorrenziali perchè è una doppia baggianata. Primo perchè se cercate la guerra tariffaria verso il basso i vs competitors sono molto più forti di voi, secondo perchè così facendo nella migliore ed irrealizzabile ipotesi guadagnerete di meno rispetto all'utilizzo della macchina su altre rotte. In sintesi, occorre abbandonare la FCO-NYC. Oggi si carica solo quello che gli altri vi lasciano caricare. Una volta che le vs fondamenta non saranno più d'argilla il discorso si potrà riprendere.

Lunga vita ad Eurofly :D

ice51:ok:

PenTito
5th Dec 2007, 06:23
Meridiana GROUP, gia visto: Volare Group,remember???
Why is Med. interested in Eurofly? What synergies? :confused:

buboso
5th Dec 2007, 09:38
Meridiana GROUP, gia visto: Volare Group,remember???
Why is Med. interested in Eurofly? What synergies?
Ciao my friend, do you have any idea about the differences between "1963 Alisarda" and your Volare's friend?

asibiri

bu bu

PandinoFIAT
5th Dec 2007, 12:40
PenTito... cosa vorresti insinuare contro l'alleanza Meridiana-Eurofly? che tutto andrebbe a Put....e come Volare-Air Europe???:=:=:=

Non conosci bene la storia di ALisarda, in piedi dal 1963 e di certo non nata alla fast &furious come nacque Volare, chi c'è dietro IG se non lo sai è uno che ha tanti soldi ( possiede anche altre compagnie aeree Mr Karim Aga Khan) e li sa usare moooolto bene, non ha bisogno di rubare!! e ci tiene parecchio che vengano utilizzati nel miglior modo...:ok:

iceman51
5th Dec 2007, 19:16
pentito:

sorry, but here now is a different situation compared to Volare Group.

Eurofly was nearly belly up or actually belly up. It has been rescued by Meridiana and now 12mio euro in cash are rolling in. Hopefully Eurofly will then get out of the mud if it is reshaped swiftly. This is the real problem.

Eurofly must get out immediately of the charter market and concentrate on scheduled services side by side with IG and explore new markets. IMHO charter revenues should not exceed more than 20% of total revneues, mainly on long haul services. Will they do it? Will they be able to do it?

Meridiana it self needs to restructure deeply, and needs to slim down if they do not have enough money to roll over the MD-80s fleet and - combined with Eurofly - are not able to increase their market share.

The two together have the potential do become a player in the italian market and to less extent in the international markets. Meridiana should also bank on the Eurofly brand name and use it operations wide for commercial purposes.

IMHO pretty soon Eurofly operations will take over Meridiana's one, the latter over the time becoming only a financial holding company and little more. Of course no one, apart from those involved the project, knows the truth, the actual facts, but in my opinion the purpose of the exercise is to separate the airline activities from the core businesses of the reference shareholder of Meridiana. That is even to possibly shut down Meridiana and transfer all the activities to Eurofly.

Meridiana was up for sale for along time. No one showed up. The reference sharholder - more info here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aga_Khan) - will never let one of its companies to go bust (i.e. Meridiana). However Eurofly... is another issue... it is a listed company, with an indipendent mgmt team, etc., i.e. an investment for the guy concerned not a company of its empire.

Got the message? :cool:

PenTito
6th Dec 2007, 05:49
Thank you all for NOT answering my two simple questions :rolleyes:. I will keep my own ideas. Simple question: if M. becomes only a holding comp. what happens to the employed (pilots incl.) and do they keep the same rights?

iceman51
6th Dec 2007, 11:00
sorry pentito, I expressed my self not clear enough.

However, the answers were buried inside my post, I will be straightforword now.

Q1Why is Med. interested in Eurofly?In my opinion the ULTIMATE LONG TERM goal of IG is to hand over all the non financial activites to third parties, including Eurofly, and be an holding company/investment vehicle.

Q2What synergies?Synergies are relevant only in respect of Q1 We can imagine anyway, synergies in the admin, procurement,operations, etc. areas. IG furthermore will acquire (has acquired, actually) the possibility to offer long haul services from day one.

Q3omissis... what happens to the employed (pilots incl.) and do they keep the same rights? Good question... with no answers right now. It depends on the actual project behind, but for sure a deal will be signed with the unions. In respect of Q1 I can imagine that IG operations will be slowly transferred to Eurofly and/or "frozen" but no one knows right now, outside IG's very top mgmt, HOW it will be done, "cessione di ramo d'azienda" ? or what? Time will tell us.

Final comment: this was the only chance for Eurofly to continue floating in the air and, possibly, for the reference sharholder of IG to walk away from the airline business. IG was and is still consolidated with his worldwide activities, in the future it will be a "simple investment". I might be 100% wrong of course.

rgds

ice51