PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Link Endorsement

RYAN TCAD
4th Dec 2007, 09:55
Heard QL are now offering 2 options with regard getting the Dash8 Endo - either you pay the 10K (with them subsidising the 9,400 of the 19.4K total cost) and no wage until endo passed (4-5 weeks) then on to F/T wage whilst line training.

OR

QL will cover all endo cost of 19.4K with you commencing immiediately on training wage up until checked to line and then the normal F/T wage starts at that point. Bonded for 3 years. If you leave you pay back pro-rata of 19.4K ie: stay 2 pay back a third = 6.63K or thereabouts. You get the drift.

Probably works out equal if you stay at least 1.5yrs - just deferring really. But doesn't sound too bad on the whole for those that cant cough up the whole 10K initially.

what do you think?

ALLICEDUP
4th Dec 2007, 10:17
Well, well, well.... Maybe because people are leaving so quickly, well less than a years service. So option 2 would end up much better for the company.

I paid for the endorsement, about 5 weeks and then went onto full salary. I am glad it happened like this because it took a further 4 months to get checked to line, due to a lack of training captains. This doesn't happen to many peop[le but it can!!

Well they charged me $10,000 but I was happy to only do 90 hours in 4 months on a full salary. Good holiday!!!

FlyingBuddha
4th Dec 2007, 13:36
Heard QL are now offering 2 options with regard getting the Dash8 Endo

either you get butt:mad: at a 45 degree angle

OR

you get butt:mad: at a 90 degree angle!

Probably works out equal depending on how good you are at bending over.

What do you think?

RYAN TCAD, nothing personal mate, more aiming this at Qlink than fellow airmen like yourself. But I don't understand... last year you were strongly against this stuff, what happened mate? And during a pilot shortage...? C'mon.

WynSock
4th Dec 2007, 17:47
Still BYO Pineapple

RYAN TCAD
6th Dec 2007, 06:31
Hi Budda - hey you are right, but back then the endorsement was 18K and no help. I guess time comes in to play - and at least now, its down to 10K instead of 19.4K or the other option i mentioned.

But again i do acknowledge your input - its just that i couldn't hold out to get in that line any longer. Circumstances in my life at the time permitted this option to be taken and green light given.

Cheers mate...

RYAN TCAD
6th Dec 2007, 06:34
Allicedup - are you still at QL and if so are you enjoying? what are your experiences mate? Are you getting by on the pay?

RYAN TCAD
6th Dec 2007, 06:37
Hey WynSock - i'll never forget that saying - caution - bendover, pineapple on entry!!!

ALLICEDUP
6th Dec 2007, 09:51
Ryan,

Yeah I am still at QL. It is a great job, more pay and a hell of a lot less hours at work than my last GA job!!! Now I actually have a life away from work!!! If you have specific questions you can PM me.