PDA

View Full Version : SA Australia

matt_as350
4th Dec 2007, 03:35
Hello,
I am interested in employment with SA (SURVEILLANCE AUSTRALIA) as a F/O once I meet requirements for the position, What would be my chances if I came to SA with 1500 hours, Canadian Commercial Airplane licence(Possibly ATPL), Multi Engine IFR Rating, Flight Instructing Experience and Twin Engine (Navajo and Conquest) Charter time as well as a Canadian Commercial Helicopter licence. Would SA sponsor one for the work visa ( I am a Canadian Citizen) and the licence conversions (Canadian to Australian) would be my own responsibility if I were hired, I would assume. Very Intrested in this type of flying with SA and would love to talk to some SA pilots past or present, and I've always wanted to move to Australia since visiting a few years back, and it seems this is the only outfit that sponsors foreign nationals?

Thanks alot!! Much appreciated!

Hasselhof
4th Dec 2007, 04:43
Someone else will say it so I might as well. There are lots of threads that you should be able to find to cover almost all of your questions. By the looks of it you'd be competitive for a job as long as work permits / residency can be sorted out. Not too sure if they actually sponsor foreign nationals... the requirement on the website that applicants be citizens of Oz, NZ, UK or SA I would think is more of a Customs requirement as part of the contract than a company belief that pilots should be sourced from those countries.

matt_as350
4th Dec 2007, 04:47
Thanks for the replies so far! :), I have been looking back in the past messages about SA, and would like to learn more about the company, T&C's, interview process, just anything and everything,my chances of getting hired and the whole residency/visa/right to work issue etc.

Found this on SA's website:

PLEASE NOTE:
To be eligible for employment as a Pilot with Surveillance Australia, you must be a citizen of one of the following nations:

Australia
New Zealand
United Kingdom
Canada
South Africa.

Tried to e-mail SA through their General Enquiries e-mail address (mailto:[email protected] ([email protected])) but the message was bounced back.

JetRacer
4th Dec 2007, 06:44
matt_as350 wrote:

would like to learn more about the company, T&C's

In short:

The company only thinks of ITSELF. :ugh::mad:

The Terms are all in their favour.:ugh::(

The conditions are hot and humid! :}

AerocatS2A
4th Dec 2007, 08:22
In addition to what you've stated you would also need 3 renewels on your instrument rating and 100 hours night command. The renewels requirement may have changed but the night hours is a CASA requirement.

pilotdude09
4th Dec 2007, 11:03
But to actually sponsor you for the job they would have needed to advertise the job and show that they couldnt find anyone else having applied that met the minimums/experience required

That would still apply i assume?

AerocatS2A
4th Dec 2007, 21:11
They are already recruiting from overseas.

pilotdude09
5th Dec 2007, 01:51
They are already recruiting from overseas.

T&C's and pay must be crap then if they cant fill jobs in Aussie, would of thought it would be a great job.........

Diver Dan
5th Dec 2007, 03:23
SAPL now pay 100K + super + overtime + 2% per year + CPI to Captains. FOs are on a base of 60K + all the rest.

Pay is the best in Oz for a Dash 8.

moonball
5th Dec 2007, 04:42
no they don't...a bit less than that.

Diver Dan
5th Dec 2007, 05:42
Pay rise announced yesterday.

chickendrummer
5th Dec 2007, 09:00
Mate, if you can live with the heat&humidity, go for it! It's great flying!

AerocatS2A
5th Dec 2007, 11:46
no they don't...a bit less than that.

Yep they do. Believe it or not. Pilots leave, pay goes up, amazing how the world works.

Double Wasp
6th Dec 2007, 04:56
Wow that is a big jump. Congrats to all the guys.

Aussie
7th Dec 2007, 00:30
So i take it SA sponsor guys from countries like Canada to fly in aus? How does that work, anyone?

Shark Slayer
7th Dec 2007, 05:59
Pay is true. A$100,000 for cap, 2% per year up to 10 years. Sim C&T on 25% of basic PLUS retention bonuses(large).

10 year Training Skipper on $136,000 plus bonus plus tax free overnights.

All Above are in addition to Super.

Best paid in Aus!

moonball
7th Dec 2007, 06:27
I stand corrected...

backend commander
9th Dec 2007, 17:45
AeroRescue is also another option, they also, will look at sponsoring pilots. Check out there website. Goodluck

matt_as350
10th Dec 2007, 06:20
A big thank you to everyone who replied to this thread and PM'd me about this opportunity, I gained some insight into this op and job, and the T's and C's, As for my times, I am just finishing up my CPL-A and will be starting my FI and Multi IFR rating, as well as I hold a CPL-H already, I was just doing some "pro-active" searching for jobs around the world I may be intrested in, so it may be another 2 or 2.5 years till I have the 1500TT that SAPL is asking for, so once again Thanks!

AerocatS2A
10th Dec 2007, 07:49
so it may be another 2 or 2.5 years till I have the 1500TT that SAPL is asking for, so once again Thanks!

They're currently asking for 1000 hours not 1500.

Essential Selection Criteria

Be at least 18 years old

Be an Australian, UK, Canadian, New Zealand or South African citizen

Hold a CPL

1000 hours total flying experience

500 hours pilot in command

3 Command Instrument Rating renewals

90 hours pilot in command at night

Be physically fit

Hold a Class 1 Aviation Medical Certificate

Be eligible for both an Aviation Security Identity Card (ASIC) and an Australian Customs Security Clearance. An extensive security package will be issued after a successful interview and must be completed at least four weeks before course commencement.