PDA

View Full Version : Airline Training Acedemy of WA

flyingtake2
4th Dec 2007, 00:46
Anyone know much about this mob. I made some inquiries with Skippers and they put me in touch with this company.

I would like to know:
1. Total Cost of the course
2. Likelehood of job with Skippers at the end
3. Is it a con like the Rex cadetship.
4. Is anyone currently doing the course feedback.

thanks

Torres
4th Dec 2007, 02:01
Obviously haven't done your homework?

Cost? Tried calling or contacting (http://www.waaviationcollege.com.au/college/contact.asp) them?

From their web site, they are a Nationally Accredited Training Provider.

From your questions I am not sure whether you are seeking quality flying training, or simply wanting to pay a high price for a job at Skippers?

My advice: Avoid any flying training organisation that guarantees you an airline job at the end of your training!!!

BrazDriver
4th Dec 2007, 02:21
Take the advice of Torres!

Going by your previous posts you are looking at getting into the game late in the piece. This isn't your answer. You will pay a fortune and be earning peanuts and be stuck as an FO for the rest of your career! I suggest you do a search on the Skippers cadet program on here!

GA twin operators are paying more than a direct entry FO at Skippers!

Lots of smoke and mirrors out there! If it is too good to be true, it probably is!

Peto
4th Dec 2007, 07:04
Hi All,
Torres, the link you have supplied in your comment above is our website (Western Australian Aviation College). WE ARE NOT THE ORGANISATION REFERRED TO IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD. We have never promised airline nor GA jobs to our customers and we have no connection with Skippers nor any other regional airline. Some of our graduates have gone on to work for Skippers under their first officer scheme but this was done post course and under their own organisation. Would be happy to talk to anyone who wants more details about the courses on offer at our college. Direct contact from contacts page on website is best option. :ok:

Torres
4th Dec 2007, 09:29
Ooops. Sorry Peto. I Googled "Airline Training Academy of WA" from the first post (after correcting the spelling error of "Acedemy") and came up with your web site!

No idea which flying school flyingtake2 is talking about - nothing of that name comes up on Google. I'm not from WA, haven't been there for years.

I see you are a Nationally Accredited Training Provider and CRICOS Provider so assume you are an RTO of integrity - and good to see you don't promise all applicants an instant airline career with every CPL!! :ok:

Perhaps flyingtake2 should be discussing his future career with you! :)

Peto
4th Dec 2007, 09:54
No probs Torres. I did see some posters for those guys earlier this year but have not heard anything since. Not sure if they are still up and running.
Safe Flying
:ok:

flyingtake2
4th Dec 2007, 09:55
Apologies this is the info direct frm the company. The correct name is Airline Training Acedemy (not of WA).

"For more information on the course you will need to visit www.atawa.com.au (http://www.atawa.com.au/) Basically, you apply through the Airline Training Academy and upon successful completion of their course, they may find you placement with us".

Beyond tha Threshold
4th Dec 2007, 12:45
Save the application form.

Open it up and have a look at properties, then tab statistics.
What do you find?

Last edited by BH (an employee of Skippers).

Its all an overpriced recruitment drive.

All with caution.

Beyond.

laser650
4th Dec 2007, 21:42
Further more to Beyonds' link, if you click the custom tab, you can see the Skippers Chief Pilots name as an author! Mmmm! :hmm:
Conflicting interest wouldn't you say. :=

Mr. Hat
4th Dec 2007, 23:00
and then there is the "airline academy of ga hard knocks" thats the one most go to. Apparently the course has been reduced from 10 years to 18 months....

flyingtake2
5th Dec 2007, 11:20
Ill keep this link / those interested informed with feedback I get. I emailed this mob two days ago and no response. Will be ringing them to get info in the next day or so.

I guess as you all indicate "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and smells like a duck.........." its probably a duck or more to the point looking for a wood duck...

I have been looking at pprune for a while now/ especially the employment side of things, and it looks like its the best its been for a long time. Irrespective of whether I bite the bullet and have another crack at this - I wish all those in the game now the best and hope you start and get valued more highly with T&C on offer.

Friends outside of aviation laugh at me both years ago and now when I tell them of the financial committement required to be a professional pilot vs the return / given what I am contemplating. This I hope is about to change.

Led Zep
7th Dec 2007, 11:15
If you didn't read the form, ask yourself if you are prepared to work pubic holidays. Absolute GOLD, BH. (Or was that just a blonde moment???!?! :})

flyingtake2
8th Dec 2007, 01:29
never going to work pubic holidays for anyone!!!!

Over and gout
8th Dec 2007, 05:41
This I hope is about to change

So long as people keep paying huge sums of money to do cadetships, nothing will change. If you do a cadetship you are directly contributing to the lowering of wages and conditions in aviation :yuk:

flyingtake2
9th Dec 2007, 23:57
I sent two emails and tried calling these guys to get all the details and no response. Looks like a bit of a con job.