PDA

View Full Version : A300F Problem at HKG on Sunday 02/12?

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
3rd Dec 2007, 19:51
I was at the Regal Hotel at HKG on 2nd December when I noticed an all-white A300F (Turkish registered) try to depart from RWY 7L. A few hundred metres before rotation, there was a large puff of smoke from the MLG area - and the aircraft departed ok, but the gear had not been retracted when I lost sight of it from my viewing position. The time was around 0800LT.

1 aircraft landed straight after (AF 777 I think) and then cars and trucks went straight to the runway and seemed to inspect it/repair it/collect FOD and the RWY was then closed. A Fed-EX MD11 which was at the departure holding point had to turn around and taxi to 7R for departure.

Approx 1 hour later, the A300F returned to land on 7L. I couldn't see whether it had flown with gear down on the flight, but it touched down normally with no emergency vehicles waiting. It then parked on a taxiway and was surrounded by 8+ emergency vehicles with blue lights flashing. The RWY was again inspected carefully, and the aircraft was then parked near to BA/QF parking spaces at T1 Pax Terminal.

I was just interested to hear what happened to the aircraft during the take-off roll and if anything was spotted after landing. I'm assuming a tyre burst, or similar, but was there any RWY damage?

Any info greatly appreciated. And would the airline have been Kuzu?

geh065
3rd Dec 2007, 23:16
The airline involved was ACT from Turkey, who have a regular freight run to HKG through Lahore. This time it had been through HKG, to Port Moresby and back and was departing back to Lahore.

Not sure what happened but the aircraft sat on the highspeed A8 for quite a long time while HAECO changed tyres. It was obviously a quick fix to get it moving away from the runway (Which took a couple of hours). After parking in it's bay a large pool of fluid quickly formed underneath the left main gear.

The Rip
5th Dec 2007, 01:00
Saw that a/c on the North Apron yesterday. Haeco mechanics changing numerous tyres on the Left landing gear.