PDA

View Full Version : Visas and Saudi Arabia

Another St Ivian
3rd Dec 2007, 19:14
Bit of a long shot, but I thought I'd give PPRuNe's finest a go...

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of travelling to Saudi Arabia (Riyadh) and the whole process, visas in particular? Looking to visit a brother out there early next year but the process looks a little daunting.

Obviously if things look viable after Christmas I'll seek advice from the relevant embassies, but thought I'd see if anyone had any experiences they could share.

ScottyDawg
3rd Dec 2007, 19:31
Tell yer brother to meet you outside Saudi..

Perhaps Barahin, Dubai, Qatar... anywhere but bl*ddy Saudi...:\

Lot's easier for you... plus a few cool ones at the Londoner..etc..to look forward to into the bargain

Tigs2
3rd Dec 2007, 19:42
I concur with Scotty, meet in Dubai. Getting a visa for Saudi is a P.I.A, having done it three times, and it is daunting. Your brother has to start the ball rolling for your visa. There is nothing there. You will both have a great time in Dubai, or Oman.

Mini fan
3rd Dec 2007, 20:36
Have Saudi even resumed handing out visit Visas? They stopped years ago as far as I remember.

Tigs2
3rd Dec 2007, 21:53
For next of Kin is still OK.

Another St Ivian
3rd Dec 2007, 22:58
Cheers for the replies, guys.

To be honest I'd rather go somewhere else like Dubai as well, but I may not have much choice; Have some rather unusual extenuating circumstances at the moment.

Cheers again,
ASI

G-CPTN
3rd Dec 2007, 23:18
You could always do what the BBC guy did and dress in a bhurka . . .

mutt
4th Dec 2007, 03:18
Lot depends on who he works for and your sex.... :)

Easiest way is to have his company issue a "business visa", its easier if you arent a young female, or..

Have him go to the immigration and apply in person, get the right person and it should be easy.

Dont speak to the embassy in London, the visa must be issued from Saudi and the authority passed to London.

They " will " start business visas on arrival sometime next year... inshallah..

Mutt

Rwy in Sight
4th Dec 2007, 04:39
A couple of summers ago I went to the Kingdom. A buddy of mine used to work there and had submitted an application on my behalf to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. He faxed a single page A4 kind of authorisation to me and took it to the local embassy - where very kindly they issued a visa very very fast when I started the procedure for good. They even provide a 10 kilo package of books about their country.
By all means go to RUH. It is a place worth visiting and to my opinion it is made more intresting by the fact it is so exclusive.
Rwy in Sight