PDA

View Full Version : Scotairways jobs

wantabe_crew
3rd Dec 2007, 18:01
Does anyone know why they had 2 Chief of cabin crew in the matter of month?
Are they all leaving a sinking ship?

Is the pay that bad? It must be £40K+?

Have just seen the ad in Aviation Job Search!

trolleygirl1984
6th Dec 2007, 11:41
the first chief of cabin crew was fantastic and had been there for years. she went on 'leave' and never came back. the second CCC is leaving because she is having a baby. she's not coming back either. i dont blame either of them really, the amount of things they have to put up with are appalling. DONT DO IT!!!:)

wantabe_crew
6th Dec 2007, 17:05
You Sound Like You Have Been There A Long Time?

Are You Still With Them?

Whats The Feeling Now In The Company?

I Worked With One Of The Girls From Sou J.e

Are Any Of The Crew Going For It?

trolleygirl1984
7th Dec 2007, 09:59
yeh i used to work there, but was treated badly by them . bitter?me? :} haha. no it was an ok company. dont think any of the existing crew want the job and i dont blame them. the post was advertised internally a few months back and no-one went for it so i guess they have to look outside the company now. it would be an ok job, but you have to commit your whole life to scotairways

wantabe_crew
7th Dec 2007, 15:45
So when did u work for them?

I still keep in touch with some of the SOU crew do you?

Never had the chance to work for scot!

Whats there pay like? any good?!

This person merlyn what she like? was he a base manager?

or a lot worse?

wantabe_crew
7th Dec 2007, 15:49
have did you get a chance to fly any of the football teams?

Or try there new blue islands route?

I live in the south of england and was thinking about going to GCI as I see they want crew there does anyone else that you know of?:D

poledancer
7th Dec 2007, 16:47
Guys I got offered that very job just recently, I do not work for the company though. I turned it down, the money is def NOT 40k plus, if it had of been I would have taken it! Itss more in the region of 22k :bored:

trolleygirl1984
7th Dec 2007, 17:20
haha merlyn is a woman she is the boss of scotairways, the owner. she is not someone to be messed with. no never really got to meet much of the SOU crew but J.E was lovely and i hoped she would get the chief's job one day. didnt get to do any football charters (thank god) they were a bit of a nightmare. yeh the 22k for chiefs job is correct im afraid! dont know how they can justify that! my pay was about half that, pretty crap but beggars cant be choosers! the blue islands route started just as i left. im still in touch with everyone there and i hear its pretty good, they're holding interviews next week so go for it! i also think flybe are looking for people in jersey or guernsey? not too sure tho.

wantabe_crew
7th Dec 2007, 17:38
So you are one of the EDI lot who left?

Not N Roy by any chance?

or

D Kerr?

trolleygirl1984
7th Dec 2007, 19:16
no am not one of them. dont think itd b wise to say who i was either-dont wanna burn any bridges now! :ok:

cityhunter
10th Dec 2007, 16:52
Who said the second ccc is leaving? I have heard differently.

wantabe_crew
11th Dec 2007, 12:15
Is she the fit Essex bird!?

G-JECL
17th Dec 2007, 20:25
Any news yet as to whether scot have emplyed any crew for the Blue Islands dornier in Guernsey yet? I had heard they were struggling.

GBALU53
17th Dec 2007, 20:37
I heard today the ACMI contract was only for a year.
Could this have a reflection on why there is a problem of trying to recruit local cabin crew for the D328?
After the first year could ther be a possibility that another type might come into service from the Blueislands Hangar?

wantabe_crew
9th Jan 2008, 17:47
So is it true E.F ake Blonde Bird got the crew managers job!!

Good help them foot teams!!

MissApproach
11th Jan 2008, 07:21
I was offered the job too, unfortunately the salary did not match the 110% effort I would want to put into the job! It is a shame as it sounds like an interesting challenge I would have enjoyed.
All the best to Scotairways :ok:

wantabe_crew
29th Jan 2008, 23:00
I have just heard yesterday from the SOU ex base crew that Roy has just passed away.
To a lot of crew Roy was a man who was always in the back ground but alway had a strong in put in the company and pointed the way to which the company should go.
As from me and all the [resent and ex crew that have ever worked for the Sucklings we all would like to say to Merlyn Suckling that we are thinking of her at this time.

For the last 21 years the Suckling have had an mark in the industry and for lasting so long has shown this to all major company's.

Merlyn we are all sorry for your loss.

Regards

all present, ex crew and friends in the industry of aviation 2008