PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating costs

boogie-nicey
3rd Dec 2007, 16:47
Hi Folks,

Just come across an electronic brochure from Bond Aviation Servives which includes some type rating information. Though this brochure is about 7-8 months old it'll nevertheless give a general idea of what to expect before confirming the current price/course package with Bond....

B737 Classic £10,500+VAT
Base training 4,500+VAT

B737 NG £10,200+VAT
Base training 4,500+VAT

B757-200 £13,000+VAT
Base training £5,500+VAT

Some archived emails I also had on the system contained the following info from other TRTOs (remember these are not definitative, you'd need to contact the respective TRTOs but at least give people an idea or expectation of the cost)...

Cockpit4u
B737 EUR17,300
B737+MCC EUR19,700
Base training EUR5,300

Sabena Flight Academy
B737 (inclusive of Base training) EUR28,500

I also have a link to an earlier thread where I published some Type Rating prices for the US type ratings (FAA). Again the prices would merely serve as a generalised indication.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231459

I hope that helps but one things for sure that's a lot of money and perhaps buying multi engine time would be better (just a thought) as it can get your voice heard across the board. A specific type rating puts you in an overcrowded and long line behind hundreds of others and ends up being expensive whether you get a job at the end of it or not. Anyway just trying to help and not biasing my comments on any one side of the argument. Sermon over :p

littco
3rd Dec 2007, 17:18
"B737 NG £10,200+VAT"

Mmmm and how much does Ryanair charge for the same thing?!

Mercenary Pilot
4th Dec 2007, 10:18
But think about all the perks you get with Ryanair

And they won't employ you ether, they will contract you through brookfield. :ok:

boogie-nicey
4th Dec 2007, 12:35
... and how much longer before Ryanair start 'roughing up' their own crews in the car park and then charging passengers for watching :E Anyway sorry about the thread creep on my own thread ;)