PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth

gehenna
3rd Dec 2007, 13:25
Folks

Have recently had the following message when trying to open 'Google Earth.' Any ideas, please?

'Could not load image Strean 0_0 OK'

Having clicked on 'OK' I am then presented with the following in another dialogue box;

'Fetch of screen overlay failed (Stream 0_0). Do you want to stop fetching, continue to fetch with error notifications, or continue to fetch and ignore fetch errors.'

I have tried unstalling then reinstalling, without luck, by the way.

bnt
3rd Dec 2007, 16:27
I've had that too - I think it just means that some of the graphics it's trying to load were unavailable. Assuming your internet connection is good, I don't thing it's a problem on your side, or anything you can do anything about. :ouch:

Temet_Nosce
3rd Dec 2007, 17:25
While we are on Google Earth:

Check this out!

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/08/31/google-earths-easter-egg-a-flight-simulator/

Enjoy!

TightSlot
3rd Dec 2007, 19:01
Is this on mac or PC - if mac, which big cat?

Devlin Carnet
4th Dec 2007, 08:21
Doesnt work for me?

Temet_Nosce
4th Dec 2007, 09:27
Check first you have the latest version loaded. I have 4.2.0198.2451 (beta)

Click once first in the map window/frame.

I found it works by pressing Ctrl+Windows Key+a

:ok:

http://www.techcrunch.com/wp-content/sim1.jpg

Devlin Carnet
4th Dec 2007, 10:01
Yep, ctrl + Windows key + A works :ok:

Avtrician
4th Dec 2007, 11:06
Very touchy to fly, but cute.

tired-flyboy
4th Dec 2007, 20:26
nope no joy for flying here?

does it only work in certain geographical locations or do you need to addon to the original program?

Tosh McCaber
4th Dec 2007, 20:45
As ever, folks, please try to stick to the original subject. Gehenna wrote:
"Folks

Have recently had the following message when trying to open 'Google Earth.' Any ideas, please?

'Could not load image Strean 0_0 OK'

Having clicked on 'OK' I am then presented with the following in another dialogue box;

'Fetch of screen overlay failed (Stream 0_0). Do you want to stop fetching, continue to fetch with error notifications, or continue to fetch and ignore fetch errors.'

I have tried unstalling then reinstalling, without luck, by the way."

Please restrict answers to this subject- otherwise, start your own subject on a different thread, or wait until he has his problem resolved!

Loose rivets
5th Dec 2007, 06:11
Mmmm....I wanted to go down memory lane and look at the shop that I lived in during the war. It's in Colchester and labeled "Chrystal" and marked with a knife and fork. Right on the bit of the building that I want to see.:mad:

Nothing seems to turn it off. Anyone know how the kill the advertising, or is this the price we pay?

gehenna
5th Dec 2007, 08:37
Thanks Tosh McCaber for your comment.

Still no joy, with same errors coming up. I can get into GE, with some features missing, although flight sim is OK!

bnt
5th Dec 2007, 09:53
That's not advertising, it's GE showing you restaurants on the map. You can turn it off by unchecking the Dining box under Layers, Places Of Interest.

On the original question - why not uncheck all layers, except Terrain, and see what happens? The error message doesn't tell us which layer is at fault here, but you can speed up GE's operation by turning off any layers you don't need to see.

Devlin Carnet
5th Dec 2007, 10:58
Realise I'm being a tad pedantic, but it needs engine noise.

Tosh McCaber
5th Dec 2007, 19:33
Gehenna,

I suggest you Google one of the various other internet tech forums for your reply- it seems obvious that people here seem blind to your query, and are only interested in posting non-replies that have nothing to do with your problem. (Moderator?)

bnt
5th Dec 2007, 20:15
it seems obvious that people here seem blind to your query, and are only interested in posting non-replies that have nothing to do with your problem.
Hello? What am I, chopped liver? :confused:

The error means that GE can not load some component that it's trying to load. What it tries to load depends on what Layers you have selected. You can import all kinds of 3rd-party layers, so I can not say exactly what you need to do, but start by stripping down to the essentials (Terrain only). Also, uncheck anything you've saved in to "My Places", see it if all works, then start adding stuff back.

Or, is the above only an answer if it doesn't require you to do any thinking or investigation of your own?

Avtrician
5th Dec 2007, 22:20
Try this link. http://groups.google.com/group/earth-plus/browse_thread/thread/302fa2d7e5ae4ada lots a folk seem to have the same problem.

gehenna
11th Dec 2007, 05:49
Folks

To those who came back with useful comments, Thank You. Removing the 'Map Overlay' resolved the matter, and all seems fine now.

Thanks .............