PDA

View Full Version : DEFO Roster - Aus Basing

Artificial Horizon
3rd Dec 2007, 12:29
Could anyone please give me a rough outline of a FO roster based in Sydney or Melbourne. Have my interview at the end of the month and now with the drop in payscales the lifestyle aspect will be even more important should I actually get to the point of a job offer.

Thanks

Veruka Salt
4th Dec 2007, 01:35
For the first couple of months after checking out you'll only get around 12 days at home each month, and will do a lot of regional flying out of HK to get the 200hr / 20 sector requirement to be relief pilot (although the new RQ qualification might change this . . ).

After that you'll generally get 18 days off per month, at home in Oz.

jetset
4th Dec 2007, 13:25
Freighter or Pax

I know they are recruiting for the -400, expect 1 week trips pretty much week on week off on the freighter.
:cool:

Blogsey
5th Dec 2007, 07:25
I know they are recruiting for the -400
Since when? Has the Aus DEFO A330 requirement stopped?

jetset
5th Dec 2007, 07:30
There are internal requirements for -400 FO's in Oz, no idea about the A330 but given the payscale will be the same it is academic. You may be recruited for either.

Harbour Dweller
5th Dec 2007, 08:04
The Oz B744 positions are for the B744 Freighter.

newiereef
5th Dec 2007, 12:16
I was based for 5 years as an FO in Sydney. The roster although great at the moment on this base it can change. Many months can be rostered with 12 days at home and frustratingly quite a few days off in Hong kong. These days in HK arent required but just allow the company to have a form of reserve that they dont roster and therefore dont count toward the yearly reserve maximums. I would think carefully about the effects on family and friends only seeing them maybe 10 days a month on a bad month for the new lower pay scale.Also think about your ability to cope with flying with other SYD FOs that would be earning 150-160k ++ doing the same job. For me that would be demoralising.
All the best