View Full Version : Living near MXP

eagle21
3rd Dec 2007, 12:13
I would like some advice from crews based at Milan Malpensa, as to which city to choose to live in. Gallarate, Busto???

Any help would be appreciated

flybywire
3rd Dec 2007, 12:59
I used to fly for Air Europe and lived in a small village just outside Gallarate. The name is Cajello di Gallarate.
As much as I hated Gallarate itself, Cajello was a good compromise as it was quiet, a nice neighbourhood, and all that I needed was there including a doctor, dentist, newsagent, bakery, huge GS supermarket just round the corner. It was also much kinder to the eye!!! It would also take about 15-20mins to the report centre at MXP and other crew from different airlines were living there too.
Rents were also cheaper. I rented a lovely mansarda just above the bakery and loved every minute of my stay there. It did feel like home in a part of the world that I never really liked.
Just my experience!!
FBW

The Boy Wonder
13th Dec 2007, 13:54
Has no one else sent any info of note about MXP? I'd like to move there too with my family. Where to live - Milan, by the lakes or near the airport? What about the cost of living, ax etc?

kikko
13th Dec 2007, 14:12
Hi there,
it's better you post this on the Italian forum, I am sure you'll get plenty of infos

The Boy Wonder
13th Dec 2007, 14:20
Thanks for that.