PDA

View Full Version : Taiwan flying

cwc
3rd Dec 2007, 09:54
Gday all.

Lived in Taiwan for two years a couple of years back- totally unrelated to teaching english OR flying. I would like to go back there with my wife anf fly if possible. Anyone know any info on min. hours, chance of an Aussie getting a gig over there and what they are looking for. I speak mandarin close to fluently, but I am told its with an Aussie twang.
PM me, or post here. All advice will be great.
Cheers

airbus2boeing
3rd Dec 2007, 19:25
There are only two major airlines hiring expats there (EVA and China Airlines). Check out their websites for minimum requirements.

Flying Mechanic
3rd Dec 2007, 21:25
EVA are hiring right now, if have ICAO ATPL and turbo prop time, you should applly, quite afew Aussie here, Eva flies to Brisbane, so easy commute. China Airlines has new CEO who does not like expats, i heard 23 pilots departed last month.

TWN PPL
3rd Dec 2007, 22:43
Come To Eva Training School Or Cal Expat Training. All You Need Is Prop Time And Atpl. Can't Get A Decent Job Back Home? Not A Problem; They Have Good Training Capacity To Place You On A Big Jet. But It's All Give And Take. Don't Expect Much Monetary Compensation For Your Work. Once You Had Your Fun In Taiwan; Then You May Leave Like The Rest Of The Guys. I Think It's A Good Start For You. Go For It!

Agent Mulder
3rd Dec 2007, 22:49
23 guys left CAL....i heard more.....thats good 23 more jobs to be filled.