PDA

View Full Version : Who is left to charter in SA now

Preseated
3rd Dec 2007, 09:33
:confused: Hi Folks,
Yuk - whats happening down there in SA. Nationwide grounded and no capacity left to cover all the bases.
We are looking to fly about 240 people from Livingstone to SA eg KMIA, but, who's left? Even in SA, it seems like the place has fallen in a hole.
NW is out for who knows how long, SAA has no (apparently) capacity, Kulula & Comair struggling to fly own capacity ??? - Safair doesnt do passengers - I mean - how is a tourist industry going to cope with this.
Safety first, but passenger confidence will take ages to recover.
This "safety/commercial" war can only damage an already fragile market.
Can anyone suggest a passenger jet charter operator that will stay in the air? PM me if necessary - i dont want to break forum rules :)
Regards to all and good luck to NW, they need it.

LittleMo
3rd Dec 2007, 10:50
Try Star Air Cargo on 011 4638911. Speak to Yvonne or Peter.They have a few B732's lying around. Despite the name they fly pax. Hope that helps

imustbemad
3rd Dec 2007, 11:24
1time have been known to undertake the odd charter. Now that their cockpit crew are only doing the promised 75 hrs a month they should be able to manage one.

Preseated
3rd Dec 2007, 12:02
Thanks guys - thats helpful - I will check them out now. This whole NW thing is turning into a nightmare of epic proportions with lots of flow on effects. Any more suggestions ? I will also be looking at KMIA to JNB - 2 jets for about 230 pax. This and the LVI flight are next year (April). Nice for the right operator - ie dont drop engines, on time and planes that are in shape, etc etc ;)

beckers
3rd Dec 2007, 15:29
Comair,
1Time,
Star Air Cargo,
Avstar,

I am sure if you contact them they will all quote.

CJ750
4th Dec 2007, 08:49
What about SAFAIR or Uncle Murad:} at INTERLINK. Also NATURELINK.

Preseated
4th Dec 2007, 11:11
Thanks guys for the leads.
Safair said they didnt do pax, maybe it was a misunderstanding, anyways, we are checking all possibilities.

RunwayBlueOne
4th Dec 2007, 12:46
Try Airquarius. They have biggish jets like in 70 seater Fokker F28's

Preseated
4th Dec 2007, 13:20
Thanks guys - all that was helpful and confirms our searching.
I think we have this under control now - cheers

maximus_747
4th Dec 2007, 20:13
Just think if Executive Aerospace were still in the market, they would be in the pound seats right now.................On ther other hand the "cut from the same cloth"seems to spring to mind

Mark J B
5th Dec 2007, 05:50
Try Avstar. They have 3 B737's. Website is www.avstar.co.za