View Full Version : WORST DESTINATIONS? VOTE HERE

HUE JORGAN
26th Feb 2000, 08:09
Ok, lets hear everybodys most loathed destinations.. and as i am sure stroppy cow will be voting, please keep it under 15 darl!! ha ha

Jetlegs
26th Feb 2000, 14:38
In order of "worst-ness" http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif
1.Lagos
2.Detroit
3.Narita
4.Tehran

How about a category for best destinations? :)

I propose:
1.Sydney
2.Caribbean
3.Accra
4.Jo'burg
5.Buenos Aires

Will you be keeping scores?

JL

Porcupine
26th Feb 2000, 16:38
Anywhere in Saudia.It cannot get any worse than that,at least you can get a drink around the pool and talk to the oppossite sex in Lagos.

latin sky
26th Feb 2000, 18:06
Portuguese jury back again!!

Worst layovers http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif
1-Luanda
2-Kinchasa
3-Caracas
4-Saġ Paulo

The best... ;)
1-Recife
2-Barcelona
3-NYC
4-Milan

Hey!! If your crew is good fun it doesn't matter were you stay,there will always be a party somewhere. :)
Go to www.aircrewlayover.com (http://www.aircrewlayover.com)
------------------
"Cabin Crew does it better"

[This message has been edited by latin sky (edited 26 February 2000).]

SussexAirwaysPurser
26th Feb 2000, 18:43
Best:

1- JFK - 32 hour n/stop
2- Buenos Aires - pays off the overdraft
3- Almaty - same as EZE, plus skiing in winter
4- Baku - fab hotel, easy flight
5- Lagos - £135 plus mega commission for an easy flight & no time change
6- Phoenix - scenery, excursions, 5 day trip

Worst

1 - Entebbe - 10 day trip, crap hotel, hostile locals & nothing to do
2 - Charlotte - long way to go on a 767 & pax very slow in a southern sort of way
3 - Islamabad - state of the aircraft in flight, constantly giving out nappies, paracetamol etc, nice enough pax but not at all well travelled & don't mention the state of the loos
4 LGW - 'cos airport standby in the Hilton is like a 48hours prison sentence

Porcupine
26th Feb 2000, 19:01
Capetown in the summer has got to come in @no1 for me, great food and the wine is as cheap as the beer.And of course the scenery is great.

cathaychick
26th Feb 2000, 21:20
Taipei can be quite daunting to a non-chinese speaker although the locals are very nice. Wouldn't want to ask what's in my soup though...

Bombay can be formidable as well. Having had a case of Bombay belly in that fair city, my stomach churns at the thought of a layover. Mind you, like most cabin crew I thought I had a cast-iron stomach. Must be some darn tough bacteria down there. Shopping is a blast though and you get really good stuff at very good value for money.

My best destinations? Ahhh, to be in Vancouver on a cool, balmy day, rollerblading down Stanley Park. The rugged beauty of the Pacific Northwest takes one's breath away, and so does the whopping 14% tax (7%GST + 7% PST)on most purchases. San Francisco also comes out tops for sheer physical scenery. Rome for history and culture, and check out those italian men! Lastly, Istanbul for more history and culture and great value for money. Anywhere's fun though if the crew get together and party.....

latin sky
28th Feb 2000, 01:07
Hey,cathaychick it's a shame you don't fly to Portugal,lot's of cultural event's,excellent food,great wine's,great night life and of course you should check the Portuguese men..... :)

------------------

cathaychick
28th Feb 2000, 21:19
As soon as I can arrange my annual leave, I'm off to sunny Lisbon. Thanks for the tip latin sky. Now we'll have to see if Portuguese men are worth getting up close and personal with.......

stroppy cow
29th Feb 2000, 17:45
Gosh Hue ... How could you possibly limit me!

[This message has been edited by stroppy cow (edited 13 March 2000).]

stroppy cow
29th Feb 2000, 17:51
I have to say though, I agree with whoever said it doesn't matter where you go, as long as the crew are good. But in EK, you only did turn-arounds with good crew. If you got a good 6 day trip, you'd usually be the only European person on the crew. The rest would all retreat to their rooms for the duration of the trip! With the odd execption of course.

latin sky
1st Mar 2000, 01:10
My dear Stroppy C. , do i undarstand you, here at TP is the same, great crews are hard to find,and when i do find them is usually for a long day flying and back home after 4 leg's ( hey,but at least the flight is fun,even if there's lot's of brazilian's :))

Cathaychick fell free to ask any information about Portugal.....(hope you enjoy your stay!!) ;)

------------------

trolleydolly_james
1st Mar 2000, 04:48
ANU has to be the best. 3nt/4days in the sun, with as much rum punch as you can handle. People at the hotel are rude a hell (luv 'em) and the pax really aren't that much better (same crowd that used to go to MCO, but have now ditched the kids) Worst is nightstop JNB. LOVE JNB itself, beautiful hotel etc, but LHR-JNB nightstops are the trips from hell.........that is until Delhi starts.......the knees are trembling!

Happy Landings and Light Loads!!!!! (just for a little while to make a nice change!)

RadioFlyer
1st Mar 2000, 08:04
The worst FLIGHT has to be the shuttle we do from Bombay to Dubai and back ... it's the stuff nightmares are made of! However, the layover we have in Bombay almost (not quite, though!) makes up for it -- fantastic food, fabulous shopping, and ohhhhh, you haven't had a massage until you've had one at the Oberoi!

My favorite ports are the ones where the sun makes more than a cameo appearance: Perth (you'll find me lying on the sand in Fay's Bay on Rotto :) ), Auckland (hitting the restaurant scene on Parnell), and Johannesburg (one word: Kruger!). Can't wait to start flying to Hawaii later this year ...! :) :) :)

Off Blox
1st Mar 2000, 13:24
I gave up flying because:

1. OVB - Novosibirsk
2. ULY - Ulyanosk
3. LBV - Libreville
4. PHC - Port Harcourt

People are friendly in these places but, I don't appreciate being approached by a 20 stone woman asking for my hand in marriage as being a highlight of a night-stop.
OVB - avoid at all cost..........!!!!

chicken_or_fish
1st Mar 2000, 13:48
*Laughing my A55 off at Stroppy's "take the cup" comment*

trying.............to............type..... laughing...............too................. much........................................................ ......................

[This message has been edited by chicken_or_fish (edited 01 March 2000).]

FLIGHT SUPERVISOR
1st Mar 2000, 22:56
Nice and simple NCE out of LHR, they have all got their heads stuck their A55,except of course lovely George Michael.

Porcupine
1st Mar 2000, 22:58
trolleydolly
Cor!!, you are all in for one hell of a shock, my advice is do not work down the back.

Mooney
2nd Mar 2000, 02:59
Worst

ZRH/BKK

Best

SIN/LONDON/

(I dedicate my post to Azz ;) )

Azzurra
2nd Mar 2000, 03:16
Mooney, Sir, everyone knows ZRH is too classy for people such as yourself.. :)

WORST
Lagos, Riyadh, New Delhi, Sao Paulo, LA

BEST
San Francisco, Montreal, Dar es Salaam, Singapore, Accra

[This message has been edited by Azzurra (edited 01 March 2000).]