PDA

View Full Version : Woman breaks leg on SAA flight

fluffyfan
3rd Dec 2007, 05:44
Woman breaks leg on SAA plane
03/12/2007 08:10 - (SA)

Johannesburg - South African Airways (SAA) apologised to a passenger after she broke a leg when her flight from Washington hit turbulence, The Times reported on Monday.

Ronel Stevens was on flight SA 208 from Washington on November 24, when the aircraft struck turbulence.

She was asleep, stretched out over two seats when the aircraft hit an air pocket.

"My foot got caught in the armrest and broke in two places, above my right ankle," she reportedly said.

Stevens who lives in the US, was returning home to visit her family.

"My ankle was also severely dislocated. This was three hours before the plane could land at the OR Tambo International Airport. I didn't immediately feel the pain mostly because I was in shock," Stevens told the newspaper.

She said passengers panicked as the plane started to descend and they were thrown about.

Some passengers hit their heads, while others had cuts and bruises. A crew member also suffered a broken hand.

Stevens thought the cabin crew could have been of more assistance, according to The Times.

"They could have tried to be more helpful," said Stevens, adding that the crew did little to make her more comfortable during the three hours before the aeroplane landed.

"A wheelchair was on hand for her when the plane landed in Johannesburg and she underwent surgery that night.

The airline is now investigating the incident and has apologised to Stevens, The Times said.

SAA spokesperson Robyn Chalmers is quoted by the newspaper as saying: "We are aware that the flight from Washington to Johannesburg experienced turbulence. Some passengers were injured and we are investigating the incident to obtain the necessary reports. SAA would like to apologise to Ms Stevens."

:mad:ing SAA, typical.........Govenment funded, taxpayer subsidised........you see what happens, leeches, blood sucking Bas:mad:

Must have been a woman pilot, or a black crew........

:E

suitcaseman
3rd Dec 2007, 06:11
Terrible - the only solution is to retrench 225 pilots and 500 managers, oh and of course - privatise.

fluffyfan
3rd Dec 2007, 06:29
I tell you suitcaseman this shocks me, first SAA sabotage Nationwide and then they deliberatley break this poor womans leg.

How long can the taxpayer stand for this

Jerry Scribbler
3rd Dec 2007, 07:15
As long as nobody breaks his legs? :}

Oom Kaspaas
3rd Dec 2007, 10:55
Should have broken her other ankle for expecting special treatment

ugflyer
7th Dec 2007, 00:26
Fluffyfan, suitcase man and the rest of you out there.......Unless you are being sarcastic, I can't believe you blatantly show your sexism and racism on these posts....how sad. Your lives must be sooo meaningless that you resort to this kind of behaviour! Keep up that attitude and you will all end up nowhere but here complaining day and night....you all seem to be good at it.
I have read your posts from the past and all I hear from the two of you is complaints and complaints. Maybe it will help if you get your cowardly selves from the safety and anonymity of your computer screens and actually go out there and make a difference. Get a life!
It is such a shame that humanity has people that hold firm ignorant beliefs like yourselves.
Explains why no one else has wasted their time on this post.....You won't hear from me again and I ask anyone else that reads this thread not to dignify it with a response..............LOOOSERS!

ERASER
7th Dec 2007, 04:59
ugflyer, I agree with you, fluffyfan, suitcaseman, your racists and sexist remarks in this post is really not acceptable, you should be ashamed.............and Oom Kaspaas, I will not even start............terrible, in this day and age...........:E, sorry I meant :*
Just because "She was asleep, stretched out over two seats...." and not following requests from the crew to have her seatbelt on during the whole flight, mean you can bring sex-ist and race-ist remarks into this........:}, agh no, again, sorry I meant :=

You go now, yes right now and go take a life, agh, eish I mean get a life, and NO, I don't care if it's from Pic n Pay, Checkers or the CNA........just go...........:mad::mad::mad::mad: and :mad::mad: !!!! :eek:

E

PS : Where did I hear this before "You won't hear from me again......blah blah blah blah" :rolleyes:

fluffyfan
7th Dec 2007, 05:48
ugflyer and ERASER

Fluffyfan, suitcase man and the rest of you out there.......Unless you are being sarcastic

Calm down sparky, yes we are being sarcastic, to prove a point about how ridiculous some of these posts can get, the level of SAA bashing, the sexist and racism........

Someone give Eraser a pill I think he has had a fit of some kind.

ERASER
7th Dec 2007, 06:27
fluffyfan, no need for a "chill pil" nor did I have a fit.......hope you're not flying today.........you seem to be a bit sllllllooooowwwww.....today........

Please re-visit my post when you're feeling better.....a clue.....look for the dripping sarcasm............

E

suitcaseman
7th Dec 2007, 06:40
And to make matters worse I earn a fortune and dont pay any tax, just lay around in this 5 star hotel complaining and hoping I will get a life.

Been around the world twice this year, hows your life?:E

Some people just dont have a sense of humour.:{

Aspen20
7th Dec 2007, 07:24
Ugflyer.

Get over yourself. You yanks have far bigger problems than the sarcasm on the African forum. just look who's running the good old US of A.

Your mentality seems to mirror that of George Dubya.

Recent newspaper article about the shoddy service the passengers received on a Delta flight Atlanta - JHB far worse than the treatment the SAA pax received. trust me. Now :mad: off and go trawl on a US forum

FlingWingKing
7th Dec 2007, 12:46
It's called "STIRRING THE POT". An event practiced in South Africa by bored individuals by literally using an over-sized wooden spoon and stirring any fictitious substance in preferably a big black three-legged-pot. In some countries it is also known as being "sarcastic". Takes an expert to pick up on it, but here in the good ol' RS of A, we are quite used to it.

In fact, if my memory serves me right, fluffyfan and suitcaseman both have national colors in this "sport". They are referred to as KAK-PRATERS, which in English (and American) means TALKING SH1T