PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to a friend !

2santos
3rd Dec 2007, 00:40
I was informed today that Roberto (Bob) Alemania, died tragically in his homeland Philippines. An outstanding hard working individual and one of the most unique characters that I have met . He was part of the Bristow team in Trinidad for the past few years, he was one of the pillars that made things happen at the hangar floor .

I would like to start this thread as a tribute to a unique friend , that worked in many countries and was well known by many .

I know his soul will be taking care of our aircraft and ourselves.

Adiós Amigo.....we will miss you

SirVivr
3rd Dec 2007, 22:46
We shared a house in Jakarta in the middle 80's.

The stories I have will not be put on the net, but will be told at the Wake we will have this week.

The best adventures shouldn't published. Paiboon, and others, would understand.

A colorfull, joyfull person that led a very interesting life.

All PM's answered.

SirVivr
Charlie Alexander

PS, I didn't do all the things he claimed, but he did more.

Buitenzorg
4th Dec 2007, 00:05
The news of Bobby’s death hit like a ton of bricks. I didn’t know him for that long but Bobby was one of those who made coming to work a pleasure. That big friendly grin and cheerful attitude will be missed, but remembered.

Vaya con dios my friend.

Doubles
7th Dec 2007, 01:02
My dear friend, you have lived a life full of joy and good givings to others. I worked with this simple yet aeronautically brilliant scholar for more than 4 years in the same base. I could still hear him joyfully calling my name when I walk into the hangar on mornings, or rushing to me to tell off some gossip about the new competition that was based down the avenue. A friend, comrade, ace tracker, a genuine human being; hard and rear to find today. I will miss you Bob, I know that all, especially the ones in Trinidad where you career ended will certainly have a most fitting tribute to you, I hope they all "knock some glasses" in true colors of Roberto "Bob" Alemania.

Goodbye Bob!!! No vibrations, no lateral, ever blade tracked to the smoothness off a baby's bottom. "AIRCRAFT SERVICEABLE". :ok: