PDA

View Full Version : CX 2nd Officer Requirements

NZScion
2nd Dec 2007, 22:01
Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody out there had an idea how "hard" the CX requirements for 2nd Officers are? Must an applicant have all of the experience requirements, or is there a tolerance below which they will still look at people? If yes, how great is this roughly?

I ask because I am coming to the end of my CPL study, and will have all of the requrements except for total experience, and there seems to be quite a void between the cadet programme minimum requirements and 2nd officer minimum requirements.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

sgsslok
3rd Dec 2007, 01:27
As it was stated in another thread, 1000TT with CPL, Multi-IR and frozen ATPL is the MINIMUM requirement for DESO. Yet, applicants generally will not be invited for interviews for DESO unless have 3000+ TT with 1000+ multi-engine turbine time.

Regarding the average experience of a successful applicant, you can refer to here:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=153757

Pitot Probe
5th Dec 2007, 22:36
Just a note...

I got in with 2300TT and 700 Turbine/Jet twin.

They do seem to be a bit more relaxed on min requirements at the moment.

Also, nothing stops you from making contact even before you have the min. At least they then know about you and will see that you are working towards joining them one day.

Good luck

dynamicd
9th Dec 2007, 14:46
PITOT PROBE:I saw that you have to tick boxes confirming you meet the min requirements before proceeding with the online application,dont you think one might appear to be giving ot false info to cx and they might find out if you are called for interview that you applied before meeting the reqs.Or is there any way of applying early without using the online form.

karam
9th Dec 2007, 16:58
I graduated from Oxford with a fATPL and tried to apply as an SO. They replied by instructing me to try again when i reach the required level of experience. In other words, don't even think about applying unless you have ATLEAST ALL the minimum requirements. Good luck.