PDA

View Full Version : Cadets

kwokwinguk
2nd Dec 2007, 14:03
Recently, I just had an initial test at CX for the cadet program on the 13th Nov. Would like to know when would they tell you the results, either successful or unsuccessful.

Thanks.

holdmetight
2nd Dec 2007, 14:12
it depends on whether you are a fast-track applicant or a local applicant.

if you are a fast-track applicant, they tell you of the result a couple of days after you finish your initial test. they will either call you and invite you to Stage 1 interview (on very short notice) or they will send an email to reject you.

local applicants have to wait a much longer time, which can vary in length.

hope that helps!

keel84
2nd Dec 2007, 15:22
I have applied to the Cadet's Pilot Programme in Mid-October (as an oversea applicant) and still haven't received a response from the cx.

Does the company notify you if they decide to reject you? I do notice that interviews are starting already.

Thanks for the answer, perhaps I am too anxious =)

holdmetight
2nd Dec 2007, 15:54
it's OK to be anxious, even i am anxious as well, waiting for my Stage 1 interview result. :)

their website says that if you don't receive a reply by 8 weeks after you apply, you can consider your application unsucessful. but they don't usually ignore people like that, people who are rejected usually get emails.

someone posted on the other cadet pilot thread in this forum that he'd waited for several weeks and hadn't received anything from them. in the end he got curious and called, and was told he'd been shortlisted after all. maybe you should give them a call and ask too.

good luck!

somerandom
3rd Dec 2007, 02:22
I am a local applicatant and I had my initial test some time in October and was notified about a week for my stage 1 interview. After that it took them about 2 weeks to inform me that I passed and I recently got a call to confirm my stage 2 interview.

But I think the time really do vary depending on how busy they are at the moment and since they are doing all the overseas applicatants at the moment, it might take them slightly longer to reply.

GeorginaSanderson
15th Dec 2007, 09:47
hi there,

i also did my initial testing in october and got a call about a week ago for my stage 1 interview which is next week! so the time for them to get back to you definitely does depend on something, i had to wait almost 6 weeks from time of initial testing to the phone call. (and yes i had been heartbroken and almost given up hope by then!)

holdmetight
15th Dec 2007, 09:54
hey GS

waiting is all part of the game when you apply for CXCPP, i had to wait for a whole week before they called to invite me to stage 2. all the other guys had received their calls within several hours after their Stage 1 interviews! just remember from now on, no news is good news... CX no longer sends letters to reject people, so if you don't make the grade you will know almost immediately. if you are made to wait, that most likely means they're waiting for a suitable time to call you.:ok:

adamk
16th Dec 2007, 05:34
a letter rejection is much better than sitting there thinking whether you got in or not.......atleast you know you failed, and go look at other goals in the mean time and make other commitments rather then waiting it out.....

and if you do get some other commmitment going, and then they call you... its like.. well, what is my obligation now??

sgsslok
16th Dec 2007, 05:52
It's true that CX no longer sent letters of rejections, because now they use emails to notify you instead.

Phone calls for good news and emails for the opposite.

That's why holdmetight said you'll know almost instantly.

MidgetBoy
17th Dec 2007, 02:29
i wonder why Cx keeps giving you those pieces of paper with stuff to fill out your address and phone #.. i hope they didn't call my phone in north america..