PDA

View Full Version : EASA and FAA rated pilots in Europe

youngskywalker
2nd Dec 2007, 13:35
Thead on the private forum regarding the forthcoming EASA regs and their proposal to keep 'N' reg aircraft operating in Europe although the crews would only be allowed to operate for up to 90 days at a time unless they have dual licences.

What are some of your thoughts on this? Presumably they would have to force Pilots flying aircraft on the Ise of Man register with validations to convert also?

May never come to anything, things change in Aviation so rapidly.

DUAL RATED
2nd Dec 2007, 14:51
Cant see it happening, Lucky ive done my JAA writtens, just need a flight test now. you can do it in about 3 months if you get your head down and get on with it lots of reading in hotels!

Cathar
2nd Dec 2007, 14:59
Article 22 of the Air Navigation (Isle of Man) Order 2007 only allows the DCA to validate licences "issued by an NAA". NAA is defined as a national avitaion authority for the puposes of EU Regulation 1592/2002. It therefore seems that only licences issued by EU/EEA member states can be validated. This would tie in with statements from the Isle of Man that the register would be run in accordance with European standards/requirements. So this may not be a problem for Isle of Man registered aircraft.

youngskywalker
2nd Dec 2007, 15:05
You could be right although I was under the impression that the Isle of Man most certainly do validate FAA licences. Who knows with any of this, it seems it's just one thing after another. I failed the JAR class one medical so a conversion at the moment is not an option for me but a career change probably is...

Freelance_uk
4th Dec 2007, 21:10
IOM do validate FAA Licences, its a FACT!

mamoto
8th Dec 2007, 21:45
Freelance, IOM convert FAA licences? I´m interested in doing this. I hold FAA com-instr. How do I start the process, Please?

Thanks.

Chilli Monster
9th Dec 2007, 08:36
mamoto - unless you have an IOM aircraft to fly then you won't get a validation. They are airframe specific.

Stratocaster
9th Dec 2007, 13:38
Airframe specific... Mmmmh, wouldn't that be totally illegal under EU laws ?
:ooh:
Reminds me of Luxembourg with "operator specific" validations and a judgement against these practices.

BillieBob
9th Dec 2007, 15:03
IOM is not in the EU