PDA

View Full Version : Insensitive EBay Listing

violate
1st Dec 2007, 23:57
Anyone who is overly politically correct, sensitive or lacking in SOH should not look at this Ebay listing (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mohamed-Teddy-bear_W0QQitemZ330193980849QQihZ014QQcategoryZ117QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmd%3Cbr%3EZViewItem)
Personally I think it is hilarious, especially the FAQ's

Fart Master
2nd Dec 2007, 02:49
Very funny, that will have all the habibi's running around gnashing and wailing

uspilot757
2nd Dec 2007, 03:26
I love it... excellent idea. 35 bids and counting....:ok:

elcAbron07
2nd Dec 2007, 18:07
brilliant!! certainly made me have a little chuckle!

....and the bids are still open! ;)

outofsynch
2nd Dec 2007, 21:57
No they are not.... item removed!

ruserious
3rd Dec 2007, 02:40
However it is still viewable on the google cache http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:jCewiCCHndoJ:cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mohamed-Teddy-bear_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ117QQihZ014QQitemZ3301939808 49QQrdZ1+Mohamed-Teddy-bear&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=uk&lr=lang_en

Al Fakhem
3rd Dec 2007, 02:48
The seller will be in for a right Muhammedding!

CityofFlight
3rd Dec 2007, 03:14
It is my understanding the teacher allowed the students to name the Teddy Bear. Were these students of Islam/Muslim culture? If so, wouldn't they know the offensive nature of naming said toy after a Prophet?

From media, I couldn't get a clear sense of students background.

kotakota
3rd Dec 2007, 15:35
Can someone please tell me , if the name Mohammed is so important/sensitive to Muslims , how come every Tom , Dick and Harry can name their son with this name and not attract a baying mob ?
Nobody in their right mind would ever name their son God .
Perhaps only the Prophet should have this name .
Or is it just another excuse to stir it up with the West ?
That poor woman must be completely bewildered about how her life has changed because she allowed some kids to name a teddy bear.

CityofFlight
3rd Dec 2007, 17:09
I guess it's too much to expect that the case get thrown out of court, but at least the judge thought it didn't warrant the harsh sentencing that the mad crowd felt justified.

For all of the people, places and things with the name Jesus, I know Christ has a sense of humor. Wish he could inspire some other cultures to get one. ;)

CT7
3rd Dec 2007, 17:17
Oh no, you can't upset the islamic religions, sure they can fire whatever insults at christanity but oh no it cant go the other way. Especially given that Islam is basically 7-800 yrs old and Christanity is 2000....

Hypocrites. And of course they don't drink and prostitution is non existant.

But when ya live in the sand-pit ya do as they want....

thesilversurfer
4th Dec 2007, 13:46
FYI....CT7

Islam is 1400+yrs old and no muslim in the right frame of mind will ever dream of disrespecting Isa(Jesus) and Maryam(Mary),peace be upon them....We see Jesus as one of the mightiest messengers of God and Mary is seen as one of the most important women (out of four) in Islam...Chapter 19(chapter Maryam)of the Quran is dedicated to Mary and talks about Jesus's miraculous birth...both are described in the choicest of words and with utmost respect..
The Arabic word for God is Allah..Have a look at the Arabic Bible..

As Salaam Wa Laikum..(may Gods' peace and blessings be upon you) :ok:

Ramboflyer 1
4th Dec 2007, 14:54
If only god could be forgotten, maybe peace could be possibble and people could control their own destiny.

Lord Flashhart
4th Dec 2007, 15:39
Here here Rambo.

Religion is for weak minded fools who can't think for themselves.

All mythology like unicorns, tooth fairys, Greek Gods, Roman Gods, in fact any God, all belong in the kiddies bin.

The world would be a lot better off without the lot of it, particularly the 3 Abrahamic religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
:ugh:

schismatic
4th Dec 2007, 15:50
"Die Religion ......... ist das Opium des Volkes“

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

Karl Marx

Flying Spag Monster
4th Dec 2007, 16:52
Harsh words Flashy..."weak minded fools" maybe they are just not "enlightened". I dissagree that all gods belong in the kiddies bin, sure Yahweh does, but I preach to you all to visit http://flyingspaghettimonster.com/ and see Pasta in a whole new way. (Before this thread gets binned because we give religion more respect than other humans)

Aaaarrgh!

Lord Flashhart
4th Dec 2007, 17:32
Flying Spag,

M'LORD, for I have partaken of the pasta and I was not worthy, but now I see the sauce.

Classic, I am now a convert, to this most worthy religion.

:)

templarknight
5th Dec 2007, 14:48
I have a few interesting photos that are pertinent to this thread but do not know how to attach them to a reply. Any assistance?

Ibn Kalb
7th Dec 2007, 08:27
The argument that we would all live in peace if only we did not have religion is invalid.

More people were murdered under Stalin's atheist regime and in the name of communism than were killed in WWII

Lord Flashhart
7th Dec 2007, 14:14
Ibn,

Stalin is the one dude the religious deluded always draw to to invalidate atheism.

It is not logical to suggest that Stalin did what he did because he was an Atheist. He had a moustache, does that mean all moustached men are murderers. He did not murder in the name of Atheism. However, there is no doubt he committed atrocities.

NO RELIGION on the other hand- hmm lets see- No Crusades, No witch hunts, no Indian partition, no Israleli/Palestinian wars, no Serb/Croat/Muslim massacres, no persecution of jews as 'christ killers', no northern Ireland troubles, no public beheadings of blasphemers, no flogging of female skin for showing an inch of it, no 'honour killings', no Taliban blowing up artefacts, no 9/11 and the list goes on and on.