PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Canada!

brickhistory
1st Dec 2007, 21:10
I just cracked open a bottle of a delightful whisky called "Order of Merit," aged 16 years, bottled in 1965. A little water, two cubes of ice, and ahhh.....

It's from a delightful distillery outside Quebec that, alas, folded in the 1980s.

My prize is a bottled dated 1946, I hope to time that one to my deathbed some years hence.

To tie this to aviation, I am toasting the arrivals into IAD since I live under the northern approaches to that location.

Rollingthunder
1st Dec 2007, 22:48
Must then be Canadian Rye Whiskey....unfortunately only palatable with heavy doses of ginger ale....to my taste anyway.

arcniz
2nd Dec 2007, 01:09
McNaughtons was a true favorite Canadian whiskey -- really first rate - cannot remember the particular selection, however. They threw in the towel, where I was at least, about '73.

LeakyLucy
2nd Dec 2007, 02:46
What's a seals least favorite drink?

Canadian Club on the rocks!!:}

pigboat
2nd Dec 2007, 03:19
Why thank you, brick. ;)

Try a dram of Crown Royal, you'll be impressed. :ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
2nd Dec 2007, 05:13
Not a whisky drinker but a small taste of Crown Royal goes well in a mug of Earl Grey.

brickhistory
2nd Dec 2007, 13:14
Order of Merit compares very well to Crown. Actually, it holds it's own against Crown's Special Reserve.

But Order of Merit was my Dad's favorite (discovered while he was stationed in Alaska) so it has sentimental value - that plus the challenge of finding it now as the distillery folded. Hence the 'special event' nature of opening a bottle.