PDA

View Full Version : Is this "Another" scam

chiglet
1st Dec 2007, 18:07
Recieved this email today...strangely, they don't want money :confused:

ZENITH BANK COMPENSATION UNIT, IN AFFILIATION WITH THE UNITED NATION.Send
a copy of your response to official email: [email protected] ([email protected])

ATTN: Sir/Madam,

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and family?,You may not
understand why this mail came to you.

We have been having a meeting for the passed seven months which ended two days
ago with the former secretary to the UNITED NATIONS.

This email is to all the people that have been scammed in any part of the
world, the UNITED NATIONS have agreed to compensate them with the sum of US$ 100,000:00 This includes every foriegn contractors that may have not received their contract sum, and people that have had an unfinished transaction or international businesses that failed due to Government problems etc.

We found your name in our list and that is why we are contacting you,
this have been agreed upon and have been signed.

You are advised to contact Mr. Jim Ovia of ZENITH BANK NIGERIA PLC, as
he is our representative in Nigeria, contact him immediately for your Cheque/International Bank Draft of USD$ 100,000:00 This funds are in a Bank Draft for security purpose. So he will send it to you and you can clear it in any bank of your choice.

Therefore, you should send him your full Name and telephone number/your
correct mailing address where you want him to send the Draft to you.

Conatct Mr. Jim Ovia immediately for your Cheque:

Person to Contact Mr. Jim Ovia
Email: [email protected] (jim[email protected])
Phone: 234 80 28379176

Thanks and God bless you and your family.Hoping to hear from you as
soon as you cash your Bank Draft.

Making the world a better place

Regards,

Mr. Kofi Anan
Former Secretary (UNITED NATIONS).

watp,iktch

Fg Off Max Stout
1st Dec 2007, 18:18
It never ceases to amaze me that people still fall for this sort of thing. I suppose the old saying is true: there's another one born every minute.

Let me guess; does the United Nations run out of an office in Lagos and use a hotmail account.

Hobgoblin
1st Dec 2007, 18:22
Hooray! Can I send off for my free dosh as well?

Take a look at scambuster419 - in fact we should let Gilbert have some fun with these rocket scientists - always good for a laugh.

Hambleite
1st Dec 2007, 18:24
Usual thing. They will send you a cheque by courier. You are required to pay for the courier and of course the cheque you recieve will bounce.

Tigs2
1st Dec 2007, 18:26
Chiglet

Is this "Another" scam

Are you serious??

After you furnish them with your details they will phone you (reversed at premium rate) telling you that they can't do a draft give your account details. Either that or they will match your current name and address to the other details they have on you from a pair of CDs they have with 25 million other names and data on!

pigboat
1st Dec 2007, 19:07
Chiglet I'll trade you one Kofi for another. :E

Attention,

How are you and family today?hope fine.this to inform you that i went to the issuing bank to confirm if the Cheque has expired or getting near to expire and Prof.Kofi Williams the Director of AFRICA DEVELOPMENT BANK told me that before the cheque will get to your hand that it will expire and I told him to cash the $950,000.00 USD UNITED STATES DOLLARS to cash payment to avoid losing this funds under expiration. However, all the necessary arrangement for delivering the $950,000.00 USD UNITED STATES DOLLAR S in cash was made with IFEX EXPRESS DIPLOMATIC COURIER SERVICES here in Benin Republic.

Secondly,Prof.Kofi Williams the Director of AFRICA DEVELOPMENT BANK Cotonou has package the sum of $950,000.00 USD in cash for you and he also help me to Register the Consignment with IFEX EXPRESS DIPLOMATIC COURIER SERVICE. Infact I thank God very much for all the movement I made, every thing went normally.

As for our agreement with the Courier company promised that your package will leave this Country on or before 5 days from now, But the Director of the company said that they need your contacts informations to enable them meet up with you immediately the Diplomat Agent arrived in your Country. Please write a letter of application to the given address below.
NAME/Prof.Francis Westlaw.
TELE PHONE NUMBER +229 93942868.
Email ([email protected])
Please, Send them your contacts information to able them locate you immediately they arrived in your country with your BOX .

This is what they need from you.
1.YOUR FULL NAME
2.YOUR HOME ADDRESS.
3.YOUR CURRENT HOME TELEPHONE NUMBER.
4.YOUR CURRENT OFFICE TELEPHONE.
5.A COPY OF YOUR DRIVING LICENCE.

Note this,The Ifex Express Diplomatic courier company don't know the contents of the Box we registered as a BOX of an Africa clothes and don't know that the contents is money. this is to avoid them delaying with the BOX so don't let them know the contents of the box for security reasons.

Regards.
Mr Johnson samuleh.

chiglet
1st Dec 2007, 19:19
Was posted tougue [firmly] in cheek...was just to show there are more ways of flaying a feline...
I suppose that I could give Danny's address....and get a free "Nom de Guerre" from the proceeds....or banned :(
watp,iktch

Solid Rust Twotter
2nd Dec 2007, 04:39
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d132/Lardbeast/a-bild_sm.jpg

BlueDiamond
2nd Dec 2007, 04:52
You'd think they would at least TRY to spell Kofi Annan correctly wouldn't you? :suspect:

Nice piccie of you there, Rusty ... recent is it? http://209.85.12.227/12099/121/emo/PMSL.gif