PDA

View Full Version : Good to see .... NOT

CXYummyMummy
1st Dec 2007, 06:24
Cathay Pacific to give cabin crew & ground staff pay rise
2007-12-01 HKT 00:54
Cathay Pacific Airways is giving its cabin crew and ground staff a pay rise of four to five percent. The employees will also be given bonuses equivalent to a month's salary. A spokeswoman for the airline said pilots were not included in this round of pay increases, because their salaries were normally reviewed in July. Cathay Pacific earlier posted a record first-half net profit of 2.58 billion dollars.
Source www.rthk.org.hk

Meow....

asianeagle
1st Dec 2007, 08:32
because their salaries were normally reviewed in July.
:confused::confused::confused:

I must have missed the reviews somehow. Oh yes thats right, there wasn't one.:}

CXYummyMummy
1st Dec 2007, 10:13
With more local cabin crew, Cx don't want to annoy the girls because they will start telling all their friends and family the real Cx story.
Cx don't want any bad publicity so they give the girls a pay raise. Forsake the pilot but pay the girls.
I know the BC cabin crew make so little so the pay rise will at least keep up with inflation. Keep them happy but don't pay those nasty pilots.
The pilots need to group together, AOA, CPA and non-union members and get a proper PR company to express our stories so the general HK public are behind us. Do it soon before the company spin doctors taint the pilots.
We get 3% but the girls and other people in HK get 4-5%.
Don't work G days. I've been called 4 times in the last 2 weeks to work. Don't do it!!!!!!

Meow....

CXYummyMummy
1st Dec 2007, 12:32
Eco

No but if we want a decent pay rise then we will need a good spin doctor for the public perception of why we get paid more than the average Yummy Mummy.

And by decent - I mean the following

20% for Age 65
30% from when we last had a pay raise
5% for RP07 (I think?, anyway the last RP - that the AOA President accepted)

Or bring back A -scale for EVERYONE and all the benefits that go with it, including a pay rise.

Then all the yummy mummies at Cathay might be happy.

Meow......

Busbert
1st Dec 2007, 15:26
Hang on though..
Don't the pilots get a pay rise every year?

It's called a pay scale, and the ground and cabin crew don't have such an arrangement.

SAD
1st Dec 2007, 19:17
Bus

They do. Company tried to take it away. Becky got it back through courts average of HKD 100K per crew. Still in their contract today. Think ground crew also have some form of it.

2nd Dec 2007, 08:47
Having your "story" published will get no one to back you!!!..
only to realize those expat pilots are never satisfied with what they have... tell the "PR company" your salary plus your handsome housing allowance, don't forget to mention the apartment you own in DB, or mid-levels.... so that the general public will get totally sick with you people...

totally insane.:mad:

spannersatcx
2nd Dec 2007, 10:14
Think ground crew also have some form of it. Not in the outports we don't, I got a massive 1% merit rise, this place is a joke:mad: