PDA

View Full Version : Second Second Interview

R2000/1830
30th Nov 2007, 15:08
I just got the e-mail this morning for my second second interview. They have me slated for the end of January. I'm pretty sure I will not get the time off from work and I don't think my wife will be able to as well. February would be easy for both of us to get time off.

My question is will it look bad if I ask for a early February interview instead of the end of January. I just don't want them to question how much I want it.

Thanks for any help.

Frogman1484
30th Nov 2007, 23:04
no it will not hurt...just tell them you cannot make it and tell them when you can make it

baseddude
30th Nov 2007, 23:24
I respectfully disagree with the frogman.

Take the first date they give you, and make the rest of your life conform.

When offered my first interview, I asked to have it postponed a bit. I was told that my request for a delay "would be viewed unfavorably." However, the caller made an effort, and found a second interview date. During my time "on hold", I came to my senses. I took the first date offered.

My second interview date arrived. It didn't fit into my schedule either. And I was concerned that I would be unable to "fit it in to my schedule." A friend from my former employer (and also a Cathay colleague) wisely told me to reply that the date they offered was "perfect", and I would be happy to come to Hong Kong on that date.

I took his advice and made the rest of my life work around the second interview date that Cathay offered.

Fortunately, Cathay hired me. I won't say that it was because I took what was offered. But I do suspect that trying to make them conform to your schedule does not exactly put them in their comfort zone.

By the way, I am a VERY HAPPY Cathay employee. The company has been very good to me, and has provided me with a good workplace with unmatched (at least in the U.S.) benefits. Ignore the Negative Nancy's on this board. They don't work for the same Cathay Pacific that I work for...

Baseddude.:ok:

Rice Pudding
1st Dec 2007, 00:29
My experience is that if you are polite and reasonable about your request to change the date, it should not affect you. They do realize that people have other circumstances affecting their ability to make immediate plans.

rodney rude
1st Dec 2007, 09:48
R2000

2nd interview with who??? Dragonair, Cathay, Hong Kong Express, Hong Kong Airlines, Government air wing, Air Macau, corporate?????

Basedude says he is happy at CX - just the old CX mantle of "we are the only airline around here"

Sorry, just my old gripe of there is more than just CX here in HK. But R2000, since you pose a question about interviews and don't mention any airlines name - I suspect you already have the correct attitude of CX.

asianeagle
1st Dec 2007, 11:28
I postponed my second interview due to work commitments, no problem, they were quite accomodating. I got the job. Just luck on the day i guess

ALPHA FLOOR
1st Dec 2007, 13:43
I had no idea that there is more than 1 airline in HKG! haha

baseddude
1st Dec 2007, 19:30
Oops! Sorry, Rodney. I didn't mean to be Rude (not that there's anything wrong with that.. hehehe).

I suppose now that you pointed it out, even we lowly working slime at CX are a bit CX-centric. For Baseddude, there really is only one airline in HK, but not for the reasons you might think: CX has afforded me a base at my longtime U.S. base airport of choice, and offers many others should my base preference change.

I am not aware of another HK airline that offers U.S. basing options. If there are, please just chalk it up to Baseddude's ignorance - not arrogance.
Again, sorry for the slight.

baseddude :)