PDA

View Full Version : 40% of Wine & Champagne

CherokeeDriver
30th Nov 2007, 13:58
Remember last year when there was a voucher that leaked into general use that gave 40% off Wine and Champagne at a well know UK chain of off-licenses that rhymes with "pressures"? Well it's back again and avaialble from thier home page.

MERRY Christmas everyone......:yuk::yuk:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
30th Nov 2007, 14:08
What were you supposed to do with the 40% of the Wine and Champagne?

...and what about the rest?

BDiONU
30th Nov 2007, 21:06
This sort of voucher (http://www.threshergroup.com/voucher/THRESHER-VOUCHER-GeneralWebsite121740.pdf) has been around at least 2 months. IMHO its still cheaper to look for deals from Tesco.

BD

Standard Noise
30th Nov 2007, 21:11
Some of us have no choice, it's either Tesco or a 10 mile drive to an offy!

Thank god for Farmer Wilkins and his non alcoholic apple juice.;)

25F
30th Nov 2007, 22:21
Thresher's prices are based on the fact that anybody sane will take the "3 for the price of 2" offer (which, of course, cannot be used in conjunction with the 40% offer). So say the sticker price is a fiver. Three bottles normally costs ten quid; with the voucher it's nine quid. So in reality it's ten percent off. Meanwhile the same bottle is in Asda for 2.80...

Anyway, aren't you lot pilots? Don't you pick up your booze from Honest Ali's Booze Emporium in downtown Nairobi or whatever?

wiccan
30th Nov 2007, 23:26
My local Tesco [Stalybridge] had a 1/2 price wine offer plus 25% off a 6 bottle mix.....:ok:
Morrisons 1/2 price Kumala but buy 6 bottles for 2.66 each 1/3rd off
Asda, 8 per bottle, 3 for a tenner....and a LITRE of Baileys 8 :D
Most Supermarkets are selling 54 cans/bottles of beer/lager/stout for 20
Pity I'm tetotal......
bb

lexxity
1st Dec 2007, 12:30
Also worth checking out are the wine clubs from the paper at this time of year. We have a case of 24 bottles coming at a cost of 2.47 each! :}

Wiccan, hello from Gee Cross!:ok:

BDiONU
1st Dec 2007, 12:32
If you enjoy champers I'd like to recommend Mercier Brut, which is allegedly the most drank (drunk? drunken?) shampoo in France. Just so happens to be on special in Tesco (http://www.tesco.com/winestore/controller.aspx?Bc=0&Btt=mercier+brut&R=6780484&Btk=Descriptors) for 54.09 case of 6. However if you apply the code XX-H96S at online checkout you get it down to 44.09 delivered, which is 7.35 a bottle HIC!

BD

Flintstone
1st Dec 2007, 14:38
Oooo, oooo, ooooo. A real bargain.

I'll be sure to send this to my terminally stupid sister-in-law who even forwards those emails that swear if you send it on to ten people Microsoft will give you a new laptop because "...it's the law...".:rolleyes: