PDA

View Full Version : GRANTS, FUNDS, CDL support for pilots

triple7_jm
29th Nov 2007, 21:30
hi folks

has anyone applied to the career development loan CDL for Financial needs to help with training? if so, do their recommand as flight training as approval and is it stright forward.

or would you recommmand other financial help, looked into direct.gov.uk not much help for flight training.

MIKECR
29th Nov 2007, 22:14
I got a CDL with the RBOS last year for my ATPL's. I had to draw up a business plan etc and the whole process took about 3 months but managed to get the money in the end.

2close
29th Nov 2007, 22:27
I applied for a CDL via Co-Operative Bank for CPL / FI. No business plan asked for. Process took roughly 3 - 4 weeks and cash in FTO's bank account.

Repayment delayed up to 3 years (but I only knocked it back for 1 year).

triple7_jm
29th Nov 2007, 22:57
thanks for that guys. gives me confident applying to them now. you know some banks are, bit iffy when you mention flight training.

what sort of business plan do you mean, did the CDL wanted to know everything?

MIKECR
30th Nov 2007, 09:10
Just a simple plan - a few pages with the a couple of paragraphs to cover the following points:-

background to becoimg a commercial pilot(ie licensing etc)
why i wanted/needed the money
where i was going to study
what the course dates and breakdown costs were.
how I intended to support myself during my studies
how I intended to repay the loan
what savings/equity i had.
what the job prosprects were like on completion of training etc

Hope thats of some help. Nothing fancy, just a heading and a paragraph for each point. I enclosed the plan with the application form and hey presto...i got the cash! Oh and 8k is the maximum for the CDL, jut incase you didnt know