PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

PLINKY DEL MAYO
29th Nov 2007, 14:22
I'm off to the States in January to begin flight training. For obvious reasons i would like to cover my self with holiday insurance for my stay in America. However most of the well known insurance companies i have spoken with will not cover me during my flying activities.

Any companies or alternative suggestions would be much appriciated.:ok:

PLINKY DEL MAYO
29th Nov 2007, 14:34
Thanks i'll check that out now.

chris-squire
29th Nov 2007, 14:57
Just a suggestion but.... HSBC might be worth a go given that they understand the flight training process. I'll be looking for the same insurance in a couple of months so let me know if you come up with anything. :ok:

PLINKY DEL MAYO
29th Nov 2007, 17:19
Chris looked at al the options and after making hundreds of phone call i bought insurance from:

www.GoTravelinsurance.co.uk (http://www.GoTravelinsurance.co.uk)

Cost me £256 fo a years cover which seems cheap as most companies won't touch you, or they want more money than your life is worth!!!

Hope this helps

mcgoo
29th Nov 2007, 17:20
I use traffords, about £100 a year for its multi trip policy, includes all trips up to 60 days and covers flying, skiing etc

PLINKY DEL MAYO
29th Nov 2007, 17:24
Well traffords have hiked their prices since then! When i phoned them today they wanted 580 of my pounds for a years cover.:eek:

mcgoo
29th Nov 2007, 17:38
I got my renewal a couple of weeks ago, its about £107

PLINKY DEL MAYO
29th Nov 2007, 17:41
Very strange. They must not have liked the sound of me down the phone i guess.:confused: (my cover was quoted for 365 days though)