PDA

View Full Version : EK roadshow attire?

flea53d
29th Nov 2007, 13:28
I was wondering from those of you w/ EK or that have attended prior roadshows, what is the typical attire worn at these events? Typical suit/tie combo or business casual? Thanxs for your input - Flea:ok:

Schnowzer
29th Nov 2007, 15:27
Crocs, swimmers and earings. If you really want to impress, spiky hair and a belly button ring!

Alternatively, you could try smart business wear.

pullup hard
29th Nov 2007, 15:43
..and for the ultimate touch up, a bit of LIP GLOSS- they just LOVE that:)!!

Kapitanleutnant
29th Nov 2007, 17:20
Is this Flea from C&R fame?

If you are bringing your resume to give to them at the end of the show, I'd recommend a full suit and tie.

Kap

Lowkoon
30th Nov 2007, 02:18
Tea towel on your head, held on with a fan belt.

flea53d
30th Nov 2007, 02:58
thanxs for the great replies...you guys are real helpful.:ugh:
-Flea

mensaboy
30th Nov 2007, 09:15
Of course people will make some jokes on this thread, you surely expected that didn't you?

But anyhow, I happened to pass by an EK roadshow once and sat it on it. The majority of people were in casual attire and some in very casual attire. I don't think they care what you wear as long as someone shows up.

If you are attempting to make yourself known to EK at that point, then certainly come presentable.

flea53d
30th Nov 2007, 09:48
Mensaboy thanxs for the professional response.:D That is what I was looking for. I did ofcourse expect some of the other inputs aswell......
-Flea

Fart Master
30th Nov 2007, 10:21
Christ almighty......what do you think you should wear if it might affect your career.

AAIGUY
30th Nov 2007, 11:38
In HKG last month, jeans were the standard. Only a few in proper shirts/ties

Yossarian
30th Nov 2007, 13:41
Shorts and a T.......or something smart. Depends on what you are trying to convey; no real interest......or wanna actually get in.

You decide.

kingoftheslipstream
30th Nov 2007, 15:08
If you need to ask...

... you don't need to know

atpcliff
30th Nov 2007, 16:42
Hi!

It IS a good question, as many airlines are particular.

I know one major airline, where if you don't show up in a dark, conservative suit, with a RED tie and BLACK shoes, they won't hire you.

I know a freight airline, where if you show up in a suit and/or tie, they will NOT hire you. You need to be wearing khaki pants and a polo shirt (casual with a collar).

cliff
KYIP

max AB
1st Dec 2007, 16:29
Start with the suit and tie, then if you note everyone else looks more casual then ditch the tie and jacket. I suggest that if you want the job then get a tailor to put one of those flaps at the back of your trousers, just a bit bigger than the size of an average pineapple should do the trick.....

vickers23
1st Dec 2007, 17:32
But just don't forget the LIP GLOSS...:)

Metro man
1st Dec 2007, 22:49
As these roadshows are usually held over two days, you could hang around outside on the first day to see how everyone else is dressing and then attend on the second day in similar attire.

With the deterioration in terms and conditions on offer compared to a few years ago expect to see ponchos and sombreros rather than Saville Row suits. :E

bentwings
2nd Dec 2007, 01:41
If you are a professional then dress as a professional which means at least neat casual but for a serious interview wear conservative suit and tie. Good luck, BW

Payscale
2nd Dec 2007, 07:03
If you need to ask what to wear then I think you should stay home son!

Blue-Footed Boobie
3rd Dec 2007, 14:55
atpcliff,

Black suit (conservative), red tie, black shoes..?? can I phone a friend or take 50/50?

Whot is it?

Then there was the Dutch guy who turned up to a BA interview in T-shirts and jeans, worth a try I suppose.

Blue Foot