PDA

View Full Version : "windows installer" and " update manager"

kloe
29th Nov 2007, 12:37
good day guys,

I seem to have no success in getting rid of an information box in the middle of my computer that sais 'windows installer' and ' update manager' so I can go ahead and download an antivirus program. I seem to have a virus now and having a hard time getting rid of it.

I also tried to download a karspesky antivirus program but it continues to say that my old CA e Trust Pest Patrol Anti spyware program is still on my computer and without removing it I can't download the karspersky. I have tried to find the CA program but no success, It is not in remove programs files so if anybody can help me out please do.

thanks

kloe:ugh::ugh:

dazdaz
29th Nov 2007, 14:33
Just an idea (maybe you have) for your second problem and your using XP...... Start>Search type in 'Trust pest control' in both boxes, select your main disc drive and with any luck the files for this software may show up.

If they do....right click then delete from the options.

Daz

Tarq57
30th Nov 2007, 01:19
What is the name of this virus/malware, what detected it (but I guess can't remove it)/ Or what computer behaviour do you have that makes you think this is malware, and what is your OS and current security software installed, please?

For a simple "no-install-needed" scanner/cleaner, for quite a few different types of malware, you could try the very good Dr Web Cureit (http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/). Run from the download location. No updating required, nor available. Pretty straightforward to configure a full scan, default when started is to run a quick scan.