PDA

View Full Version : Sars Standards Slipping At Fajs

Siguarda al fine
29th Nov 2007, 08:51
Passed through FAJS this morning as SLF observed the following:
SARS personel not in uniform I assumed they were SARS as they were collecting the customs declarations from SLF. Police officers were then demanding to see passports when I asked to see the police officer who demanded my passport to see his appointment card he refused and said Im in uniform thats enough. I saw police officers demanding to open and search bags with no SARS present.........what impression is this giving visitors to RSA? Reminded me of Kinshasa in the bad old days.

unstable load
29th Nov 2007, 15:13
Siguarda,

Maybe they were connected to the theft ring that is nailing the Nigerians and they are broadening their ops base.:E

Do the cops have the legal right to check passports after immigration has done so? Bags too, for that matter?

Looks to be a bit suspect to me. I will dig around when I get back home to find out.

Any legal types out there have an answer, please??

B Sousa
29th Nov 2007, 15:19
You may find the answer is called "The Big Slip" As SA slips farther down the road, discipline disappears, thus no uniforms etc. If they have guns, you just say Yes Sir . The bigger the gun, the more polite you should be.......
Asking about an Appointment Card, unless you have a bigger gun, could get you problems.
Since nobody is going to change things, you know the bottom line. No need starting a mess on this thread.

Siguarda al fine
30th Nov 2007, 04:39
B Sousa, It is every citizens right to ask for and be show a policemans appointment card, if you are fundamentaly afraid of asking for what is rightfully yours to ask for then you are complicant in the loss of your rights and should not complain. DO NOT PUT GREASE ON AN ALREADY SLIPPERY SLOPE BY HELPING THESE NAZIS.

Solid Rust Twotter
30th Nov 2007, 05:03
Nice theory Siguarda. Pity the reality doesn't match up...:(

B Sousa
30th Nov 2007, 05:47
Siguarda
I just wish I could be the fly on the wall when you get in one of these guys Face. You know doubt will find your self getting your temperature checked Rectally by someone in your same cell.
Its over my friend, do what you have too to get by other than that your on the short end of the stick now.

Siguarda al fine
30th Nov 2007, 05:52
B Sousa, I take it you accept and even lord the slipping standards infact would even like to witness the violation of anothers human rights. You are a weired man and may be some what a dastard at heart no?

I.R.PIRATE
30th Nov 2007, 10:50
Nope, unlike you he just sees it for what it is : another african ****hole