PDA

View Full Version : SFI Emirates

Nevrekar
29th Nov 2007, 03:40
Does anyone know what an SFI (Sim Instructor) can expect to make? A good friend of mine just received a letter but the salary requirement is listed as negotiable.

145qrh
29th Nov 2007, 04:35
Get your friend to check again. I think you will find it says salary is negligible:}:}

Nevrekar
29th Nov 2007, 05:57
That's a good one! He is currently a SFI with FlightSafety and has an offer with Saudi ARAMCO and also the SFI with Emirates. He wanted to know the going salary range. I asked him to also apply for the F/O position. He has around 9,000 hrs with plenty of Jet PIC. Due to personal reasons beyond his control he has been out of the cockpit for over 1 year plus.

typhoonpilot
29th Nov 2007, 07:21
The official answer from recruiting almost two years ago was " between F.O. and Captain " pay. That would make it around 25,000 Dirhams per month or $6750. I do know that one of the current contract SFIs is probably getting a full time SFE job at around 30,000 Dirhams/month.

TP

737BBJ
30th Nov 2007, 09:23
Are you guys talking about a SFI position with Emirates Airline or CAE-Emirates Flight Training :)

Capt Happy
30th Nov 2007, 15:45
I'm the guy Nevrekar (an excellent gentelman whose kindnesses on my behalf are endlessly appreciated) was talking about. The email to me came from an employee whose address is emirates.com. The rest of the benefits package is much the same as what EK offers to flight deck crew members.

Is it different if hired to do the same job with CAE? I don't know, but I would like to. Anybody know?

Thanks, Typhoonpilot, for your input. I know some outfits pay SFIs very well; others not so good. Other threads I've read indicate there may be problems on both the sim and line side of Emirates training--I worry about being double or triple-turned in the sim while stuck on a salary.:eek:

typhoonpilot
30th Nov 2007, 18:04
Is it different if hired to do the same job with CAE? I don't know, but I would like to. Anybody know?
Thanks, Typhoonpilot, for your input. I know some outfits pay SFIs very well; others not so good. Other threads I've read indicate there may be problems on both the sim and line side of Emirates training--I worry about being double or triple-turned in the sim while stuck on a salary.

It is different to do the same job with CAE. CAE are paying contract instructors decent money right now. Probably equivalent to 40,000 to 50,000 Dirhams per month. They provide a hotel apartment style accommodation. No other benefits that I know of. Full time CAE guys would probably be on a lower gross pay, but have better benefits. That is the same with full time EK guys. The pay is lower, but the benefit package adds up. The question is, do you want a contract position with higher pay or do you want the permanent job with benefits?

EK do not make instructors do more than one session per day. The sims do run 24 hours per day and you will work nights some of the time.

Typhoonpilot