PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Upper Class Seats

atco-matic
19th Feb 2002, 20:57
Hi guys, recently had the good fortune to be upgraded from Premium to Upper coming back from JNB.

This in itself was very nice- crew were good and I liked the service (apart from the awful picnic cutlery- might as well just throw the carrots from the salad on the floor!).

However, I found the seat in Upper very uncomfortable to sleep on. The padding on the seat was very hard, and this coupled with the smooth material it was covered with meant I kept slipping down the seat when it was reclined. I am only average height(5'11) but I found that the seat was not long enough for me, and my feet were jammed up against the underside of the seat in front, when my seat was reclined.

In actual fact, I found the seat in Premium was far more comfortable.

Hope you don't think I am just whingeing- it was nice to be upgraded- but just wandered if you VS crews get many complaints about the seats?

High as a Kite
22nd Feb 2002, 04:01
I've just come back from Jo'burg as well....except I was working.

The new Upper Class seat falls into the "you either love it or hate it" category. I've found that you have to try a number of different positions before you find one that is comfortable.

It helps to sleep on your side to stop your feet getting jammed in the footwell.

Some passengers complain about the seat and others rave about it.