PDA

View Full Version : salary and money transfer jet airways

SV4L
28th Nov 2007, 14:06
hi all
i would like to known if you contract is paid
1) in dollars or rupies
2) you must have a bank account in india
3) there is any problems for money transfer ( protection rate change from india and the fees)
regards:ok:
sv4l

NG ExPat
28th Nov 2007, 17:04
Salary is paid in USD.

God no, do not, get a bank account in India.

Payment is made via wire transfer.

bear11
29th Nov 2007, 09:17
Don't think so - the guys I know are paid in Rupees into an expat bank account, with Indian tax deducted and you get a full payslip, this has happened for some time. No-one I know has had any problems in transferring the money out, although you will get hit for exchange and transfer charges. You don't have the option to be paid in Dollars outside of India, as this would upset the Indian tax man. I'm talking about Jet Airways specifically here, although they're not the only ones doing it this way. I know some guys have had problems as their tax hasn't been paid, but I suspect that this is because they are not based in India or they stayed less than 6 months, in which case Jet aren't obliged to pay the tax due to double-taxation laws.

Most airlines pay in Rupees on the USD rate of the day, which means that many of them are laughing as the Rupee has strengthened against the Dollar like most other currencies - this means they are saving money, while expat pilots getting the Dollar equivalent are mad as their salaries are decreasing in the world outside of India. This can't last!!

Gp Capt Bhanerjee
30th Nov 2007, 02:32
Getting Indian bank account with overseas remittance facility takes much documentation, but it is possible. Outward transfer only by TT route - you cannot remit by internet banking. All outward remittances will be in US$ - it is not possible to remit e.g Euro.

Also: be aware that you will only get ATM / debit card for your wife/children if they have same visa category as you. If you have employment visa but your wife is on tourist or business visa, she will not be given ATM / debit card.