PDA

View Full Version : Fast Track Pilot Scheme???

pilotdude09
28th Nov 2007, 13:45
Hi guys,
This one is for a mate who seems to think this program is the best way to go about becoming a pilot quickly and seems to think he will be at an airline in a year by doing it :ugh: anyway.....he wants to know some stuff, he has rung a guy who runs it from Perth, believe his name is Brad? anyway is sounded like he was a bit vauge in details.

So ill ask a couple questions on here for him.

Now as far as i could tell it is run through Minovation which seem like a very good flight school yes?

The cost this is the one thing that no one seems to be able to give, what would be a ball park figure, 40-50k? or less?

Also is the CPL theory all done online?

Is this a good way of going about your CPL and is it full time, are you able to work full time as well as doing this?

Hell if its a good option may look at it my self.

Cheers for your help guys :ok: feel free to pm more info etc.

palsky
28th Nov 2007, 19:03
35k for a metro endo, that seems very expensive i thought it was around that for a 737 endo. I assume that all the flying is in the aircraft and not the sim.

palsky
28th Nov 2007, 20:27
Ouch thanks FP Ace, interesting how expensive this job is getting.

Air Ace
28th Nov 2007, 21:14
Minovation is an excellent, very professional flying training establishment.

They are very friendly - why don't you give them a call for the full details?

pilotdude09
29th Nov 2007, 04:21
Thanks guys will pass all info on.....

80K seems a bit steep but from looking at their website that would include the Endo for the metro/dash??

Personally ive been looking at the WAAC course, seems very well structured also and alot cheaper at 50k but i guess you aint get an endorsement.

Minovation is an excellent, very professional flying training establishment.

Ive heard nothing but good things about them and if i decide on a different path will finish my PPL through them but as with most schools in WA dont seem to do a full CPL course, do certain units etc.

Cheers guys,

43Inches
29th Nov 2007, 04:24
palsky - A metro endorsement only costs around $10K in the sim, how $35k is justified is a question worth asking them. That is if this is in addition to already holding a licence.

I dont think this sector of aviation has increased in expense that much, rather there are people who dont do their research and are willing to part with large sums of cash.

For cadet programs shop around,

VIC - Metro : $84k (to online) CPL/CIR included
SE Aus - SAAB : $80k (to online) CPL/CIR included
WA - Metro/Dash : do your own CPL/CIR then pay $35-$40k?
QF : about $80k? CPL/CIR included

There are a number of companies that will take your cash for a fast track turbine job after gaining a licence australia wide.

You also need to work out how to gain 500 multi pic for command with most options.

For any other cadet related questions just do a search on pprune!

myshoutcaptain
29th Nov 2007, 04:32
if you aint got the cish , dont worry ... get your CPL and IFR and go kick around the bush. Best thing I ever did. :ok::ok:

Metro man
29th Nov 2007, 11:15
25000 if the 35000 metro endorsement cost is the wages you will be "paid" while in the right hand seat. Why not just pay for the rating and then work for free, same thing in the end ?

Or you could go out and get the experience you need for a company to give you the endorsement and then pay you to work for them. Around three years in the bush should do it, maybe less these days. Save the money for the jet endorsement, but you probably won't need to pay for it the way things are going ;)

Charlie Foxtrot India
29th Nov 2007, 11:42
Fast track training at Jandakot is conducted in conjunction with Fast track through the Minovation AOC, all instructors who do the fast track flying traiNing are employed by Minovation and all flying training up to VFR CPL is done in accordance with the Minovation ops manual under supervision of the Minovation CFI. The theory is done through the fast track software system, and a room in the building is set aside for this during the week.

Fast track use their Jabirus for most of the training and Minovation Piper aircraft for the VFR CPL component.

Fast track isn't cheap and it isn't the easy or only option, but it is fast.

MACH082
29th Nov 2007, 23:51
i remember fast track being at RACWA?

when did that change.

SamAustralia
7th May 2008, 07:42
i remember fast track being at RACWA?

when did that change.

True, when does that change?

BUT lets say I went and took the course(fast), 6-7months later, here comes the Dash endo.. then to skippers right hand seat please sir :-).. how many house of turboprop can I get in one year with skipper?

So from day 1 to (1 year employeed free by skippers :-)) what would my experience be?
Second part of my question is, after 1 year with skippers, if i have the money to do Jet Type Rating... would I be employable by any airline in Aus/Asia?

Thanks... sorry 2 questions in one post..

crank1000
8th May 2008, 08:22
I get the idea that fast track is sold in conjunction with turbine endo. Is that how they market it?

What is the fascination with fast track? There isn't any reason why you cant do a cpl with a regular 150 syllabus training provider in under 9 months. It won't be in a Jabiru either! IR afterwards, done in a year and 20k in your pocket not theirs.

I could name 3 of 4 places off the top of my head right now that do this all the time. No gimmics or catch phrases.

A guy called WIKI44 wrote a very good post on this subject last week. He wrote how good flying requires good preperation. Not cramming and learing while you fly. How right he is. Who remembers their instructor saying

"such and such just cancelled, do you want to go now instead of tomorrow?"

Well because you were SOO keen you went and with no prep you COCKED IT UP and had to repeat the lesson. Is that a good way to learn?

Stop being sold by fast talking guys with bonuses to make for how many people they can rope in to the course. If anyone wants advice on a good school PM me, I would love to hear from you.

cheers

VH-XXX
8th May 2008, 09:14
NVFR Jabiru's, now that's scary!

crank1000
8th May 2008, 13:00
I've never been in one. Do they have an NDB or VOR?

tcross
10th May 2008, 10:07
30K+ for metro endo? im pretty sure mine is 12k for a command endo

VH-XXX
11th May 2008, 00:30
The Jabs have a TSO'ed Garmin SL30 with VOR slaved to a Dynon (non TSO'ed) 7 inch EFIS.

Islander Jock
11th May 2008, 01:51
The Jabs have a TSO'ed Garmin SL30 with VOR slaved to a Dynon (non TSO'ed) 7 inch EFIS. Which the avionics techs seem to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to keep running.

VH-XXX
11th May 2008, 07:48
6 hours a night, that would be a luxury!

Interested in the Garmin SL30's not working well. Was considering getting one because it's the cheapest way to get an aircraft NVFR legally.

If it was the hookup to the Dynon, I wouldn't be surprised. The SL30 is ok by itself but displays very little info.

Rate1
11th May 2008, 15:12
Great advice from Crank2000. From a young age to retirement ,you are in aviation a long time so why get conned into a supposed quick training programme in a toy aeroplane. To deliver on promises of fast training I have seen these jabiru's flying in absolutely crap weather. Every other school is on the ground and these guys are out there doing who knows what to student confidence not to mention the beating the aeroplane is getting and more than likely having to repeat the lesson anyway. After 5000hrs of instructing what I suggest is you find yourself a reputable school with a good 150 CPL course and put head down and tail up. Learn from the experience of your instructors and in the long run you will save money and become the type of pilot the airlines will chase.