PDA

View Full Version : VFR transit northbound coastal in YSSY CTR

Spaz Modic
28th Nov 2007, 10:48
:):) Anyone tell if ATC is friendly to allow clearance @ 1000' (VTC LL 500) for GA?:O

Jabawocky
28th Nov 2007, 10:50
Mate if they find out you are from Melbourne -500' for you:}

apache
28th Nov 2007, 12:40
Just don't use the callsign VH-DIK.

boardpig
28th Nov 2007, 21:14
This would be 500ft above Victor 1 then?

The only issue I could see here would be the departure (or arrival) end of the mains at YSSY (happy to be shot down (oops) here). This will depend on traffic density for Mascot, time of day, arrival dep direction etc (usually). Stick a plan in and ask for airways clrnce, see what happens.

SM4 Pirate
28th Nov 2007, 22:19
Ring the Approach Cell before you go too; and make sure you plan. 25 Arrivals (07 Deps), 34 Arrivals (16 Deps). all make it difficult to do the V1 high; but it's not impossible; maybe you can do some of it high, not all of it.

I'd suggest that V1 at A100 is easier to arrange. (but again, plan it and ring before you go to make sure they will let you in) WX about will be almost always a NO; it's about not delaying the traffic at YSSY; not excluding VFRs; but unfortunately those things are often mutually exclusive.

Spaz Modic
28th Nov 2007, 22:48
:rolleyes: Clearances? Clearances?
Heh! Heh!
Y'know, I once watched a jet jock depart 16 at YSSY without a take-off clearance. Still get a chuckle out of it 30+ years later, given the events leading up to the event. He was in a 3 holer.
But thanks for the advice and I'll take it on board. ( I didn't think ATC would notice at 200 kts);)