PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse

Telstar
28th Nov 2007, 10:23
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/hipandpop/2007/amywinehouse_389.jpg

I remember that I heard about this girl before she became really mainstream, I also saw her on Jools Holland and it's one of those few times with music when a performer and a talent so good comes along that you get goose pimples listening to her music. A very short time afterwards she really bust onto the mainstream.

I do wonder if she is going to survive though. She would it seems, be a junky. She has been booed on stage after slurring her words and generally cocking up her show.

Will she survive long enough to become a great, or is she going the way of Elvis, Kurt Cobain, destined to go young?

Parapunter
28th Nov 2007, 10:24
Kurt Cobains mum said to him - don't you join that stupid club. Ms. Winehouse is looking for where to sign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSH6LKHPLyk

PingDit
28th Nov 2007, 10:26
I think she's going, going, nearly gone.....

Wedge
28th Nov 2007, 10:39
This is a tragic situation.

She's just cancelled all her 2007 gigs, which can only be the right decision.

Now she needs a very long period of re-hab. It's the only thing that can save her now.

I really hope she has people around her who are prepared to show a bit of tough love, stop giving her drugs and get her the help she needs.

But with her other half banged up and the rock 'n roll lifestyle, I fear it won't happen and she will indeed self destruct.

:(

VFE
28th Nov 2007, 10:42
Smack. Gets 'em everytime. Unless ya name's Keith Richards.

VFE.

tony draper
28th Nov 2007, 11:31
Another case of vast amounts of cash and youth being utterly incompatable,it should be took off em and given to us crumblies to look after until such times as they develop a bit of common sense,at about say fifty.
:rolleyes:

Binoculars
28th Nov 2007, 11:33
All the signs of another wasted life. Not the first talent to go that way, and not the last.

I have a strong attachment to the concept of personal liberty stretching as far as self destruction if required, under the general humanist idea of doing what you like as long as it doesn't directly hurt someone else. Now that AW has cancelled her gigs for the year and is not relying on suckering her fans into supporting her lifestyle while treating them like shit onstage, I have a sneaking regard for her.

She may recover from her addiction, she may not. There's plenty of talent to replace her.

tony draper
28th Nov 2007, 11:38
Well she is the shape most young women seem to strive for now,even like that she has more meat on her than some of those supermodel.
:uhoh:

GearDown&Locked
28th Nov 2007, 11:52
Another Darwin Award nominee. Keep'em coming, right this way miss...:rolleyes:

phnuff
28th Nov 2007, 12:54
Yer, she is a mess and going one way fast.

(I dont like her music either)!

frostbite
28th Nov 2007, 12:59
I thought Amy Winehouse was one of those trendy booze joints.

Alloa Akbar
28th Nov 2007, 13:11
Dozy little slapper needs her arse kicked instead of everyone feeling sorry for her.:ok:

Tigs2
28th Nov 2007, 13:18
She does not deserve success or public attention. The only chance of rehab is if her husband stays banged up!

uklocations
28th Nov 2007, 14:12
One thing that stuck out on the photo's and u-tube clip was how poorly this girl looks.

I guess you could argue that she does have some degree of choice in her destiny, but I reckon when it gets to the point of having a toot on stage, things are pretty grim.

FWOF
28th Nov 2007, 14:27
I think she looked WAY WAY better before shedding all her curves and deciding skanky over use of makeup and hairpieces, coupled with a bony body was the way to go.

Brilliant voice, fabulous songs ... another case of too much money too soon and hanging out with the wrong people.

Capt.KAOS
28th Nov 2007, 14:29
from my own experience I know that these persons have a total different view of themselves than we do, even when looking into a mirror. Probably even now she finds herself to fat.