PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Starting Pay

Blogsey
28th Nov 2007, 07:51
Due to the annoying search function of these forums, I've had difficulty finding a rough guideline to Qantas' starting pay.
I've heard it's rather :mad: during training and then increases "rapidly".

Is anyone able to post the trainee wages (and length of time you're on them). My understanding at the end of training is around $80K year 1, $90K year 2, $100K year three. Obviously it's completely dependant on A/C type and hours flown, but approximate figures would be great.
cheers all

SkyScanner
28th Nov 2007, 07:54
The amounts you quoted are about spot on.

Blogsey
28th Nov 2007, 08:04
OK, but what's the pay from the second you join.

Veruka Salt
28th Nov 2007, 08:11
It was around $29600 PA when I joined. I'd guess it's around $33000 - ish now. .
The big pay kicks in once checked to line.

Bad Hat Harry
28th Nov 2007, 08:25
A Customer Service Supervisor of around 25 years seniority has a base pay of around $53k.An F/A of similar seniority has a base of around $46k.
Those figures are for current full time CC.
The EBA currently under negotiation means that newstarts will receive around %15% less.

left 4 primary
28th Nov 2007, 08:31
Bad Hat Harry is spot on .
Current superannuation is calculated on these figures. But with ODTA, long range and allowances, you can expect a lot more in the end.

blueloo
28th Nov 2007, 09:14
I was happy to be informed about the pay from both sides of the re-enforced door :)

Bad Hat Harry
28th Nov 2007, 09:49
Sorry folks...as you can see Im a little new to all this.
Next time i'll be a little more careful

cartexchange
5th Dec 2007, 13:09
no where near the figures stated!

Keg
5th Dec 2007, 13:14
Obviously it's completely dependant on A/C type and hours flown, but approximate figures would be great.

Given that techies are the only ones who currently have type based pay rates then my suspicion is that Blogsey is asking about techie pay rates. The numbers he quotes are close enough for government work.

Your initial S/O training is going to take about three months. :ok:

max autobrakes
6th Dec 2007, 10:40
So Qantas still trains do they?
I thought these days in order to save costs they just gave you a CD Rom and tell you to go for it, via the coatsy you beaut endo! :}

blzbub
6th Dec 2007, 11:58
Do the figures Blogsey proffered include per diem/sector pay/flight pay/allowances (or whatever it's called) or just the basic?

Cheers:ok:

Tankengine
6th Dec 2007, 12:54
blzbub,
In the first 3 months or so you are in ground school and simmulator so no extra.

But who joins an airline based on training pay?:confused:

I took an initial pay cut from my GA light twin job but am now happy with my Capt's pay!:} [Second officer pay is great for the job, so much so that some choose lifestyle over a 73/76 F/O slot]

Howard Hughes
6th Dec 2007, 17:08
you can expect a lot more in the end.
Boom Boom!:cool:

Keg
6th Dec 2007, 20:18
blzbub, the year 1, 2 and 3 figures look as though they don't include much in terms of allowances although they do appear to include a little bit of o/t but that varies significantly depending on whether you're on the 744 or A330. Allowances add between $15-20K to your pay packet but keep in mind you'll expend a fair proportion of that when on a trip. Base QF figures can range by more than 10% for guys in the same rank on the same type of similar seniority depending on the way they bid and whether they're on the phone after additional work.

blzbub
6th Dec 2007, 22:16
Thanks for the replies team. :ok: