PDA

View Full Version : Miami accommodation near Simcenter

squidward
28th Nov 2007, 07:23
Anyone have recommendations for accommodation near Simcenter / Alteon. Looking for something for about 25 days. Dont won't to spend more than USD60 per night.

thanks,

squid.

terronnd
28th Nov 2007, 07:44
I stayed here.

http://www.homesteadhotels.com/minisite/?HotelID=67

It was OK, nice pool. Ask for a large room. Van runs you to Alteon
and back. You can walk there if you are keen.
Can't recall if they give a discount to pilots who are going to Alteon, worth asking.

How's your spanish?

Cheers

flaps 1
30th Nov 2007, 06:22
Hi , stayed at place mentioned and next door .this ones the goodie...
cheapest would be to share room with your sim buddy as the rooms are suites with double beds ,separate tv , kitchenette setups an you can practise on each other blah blah...
I was there last year this time and discounted rate was still approx 75 a nite , which we split .
Simcenter as a small player ,sublets time offf alteon for there sims an therefore don t have enough clout to get you a discount with the hotels ,however go to Alteon an see the sim booking lady an ask if she can send an alteon letterhead fax to your hotel stating your arrival duration dates and recieve the Alteon Corp discount . thats wat we did :)
All hotels in the area are full of pilots doing initial or currencies ..

As regards simcenter , nice people , but !! they are selling you , ...
So , before you arrive call and see who they ve set you up with,(sim buddy) so you can contact him about accomodation sharing etc . an make sure they send you the study CDs , manuals etc before you arrive , so you don t walk into class cold an play catch ups :rolleyes:, like someone I know ..
the area is well out of fancy town ,but on a busy busroute to city an malls , 20 min ride at least anywhere ,walking distance food is a pizza hut ,burger king ,garage , sub shop an a very quite bar .
Good luck , everyone passes :ok:

squidward
1st Dec 2007, 07:14
Hi,

thanks for the info. That was exactly what I was looking for. Are you sure the rooms have 2x double beds? I checked the virtual tour of the rooms on the website and none seem to have two beds (?) I might be a tight ar5e but not really looking forward to sharing a bed with the sim buddy (unless she happens to be good looking....)

You were right with the simcenter hotel discount. It's not much cheaper than what you would pay if you booked on your own.

I might give Alteon a call and find out what their rate for the homestead is. Internet shows it around $103, even for an extended stay.

thanks,

squid.

farrari
1st Dec 2007, 19:54
I am at Homestead studios now doing 777 with Alteon. With tax rate is 77.97US per night thru Alteon.The place is very good. There are cheaper looking places around also.I walk to Alteon most days 25min, also a van if you wish.

flaps 1
4th Dec 2007, 10:25
Seems it would be good to connect with Ferrari,as he s there !!

The rooms are suites "Homestesd Suites"yes doubles as my sim buddy WAS nt that good looking either ....
I turned up at school and sorted to share twin with my sim buddy after the first day , I was lucky as he was keen !!:bored: to save money also..
As it happened the other class members were twin sharing to save buks as well , .. although they were all 777,767,737 drivers plus, going to Air Macau an were payed for , although bonded etc till ......... hehe..
When are you going over , an makesure they send you the training cd s , .................
;)

whiteangel
4th Dec 2007, 11:06
Book the Homestead (Miami Airport/ Miami Springs) through Alteon. You'll get a much better rate than going straight to Homestead. They have a list of accomodations.

Accomodation is not bad except watch out for the exhaust fans over the grill plates/oven (in the rooms) - it blows the smoke straight back into your faces :ooh:

Otherwise it was fine, the pool next door was great, free internet - not bad when able to get it and the BBQ grill out side was super for steaks etc.

Ask them to drop you off at the supermarket and buy yourself some food & drinks (incl. breakfast stuff). With a few bucks tip, they'll even pick you up awhile later.

A37575
4th Dec 2007, 12:44
What's the cost of the 777 type rating in US and how many sim sessions per crew. Will CASA accept the rating? Also request cost of 737NG rating.

farrari
4th Dec 2007, 17:42
I am not paying for the rating, 50 CBT lessions, 10-2hr FBS and 8-4hr FFS per crew, with brief before and after.Yes Cassa will put it on your Australian licence. I do not use the Fan and pool here is great, swim every day.

squidward
5th Dec 2007, 01:51
I'll be starting the A320 rating in early January. Got the CD's already from Simcenter with systems, FCOM, FMGS trainer etc, so I should be well read by the time I get there.

Yes, I will try and book into Homestead but I'm still waiting to find out who the sim buddy is, and if they want to share a room.

squid.

flaps 1
19th Dec 2007, 13:55
hey squidy

seems sim centre mentioned yet again regarding this pay to play situation with Indigo also mentions ICPilot , CAE and Storm .
about 4 pages into South East Asia forum ....
Yes its all a downer....

as a player with my now 1 year old piece of paper (a320 type) , I can confirm that these guys are gonna sweettalk ya only to gets ya money ... so don t get any hopes up that you ll be in after a few months .......sorry to say but you ll still be bout number 500 on the list .....:ok:

See ya sponge bob

druglord
20th Dec 2007, 01:21
try www.hotwire.com they've always been good for the money

Hudson_Hawk
9th Jul 2008, 01:27
Hi guys

I'm looking to enroll on A320 course in Simcenter in Miami in Aug 12th. Looking for a training buddy.

Let me know if you intersted

Cheers!