PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield or Jepessen?

EMA747
27th Nov 2007, 15:15
Hi,

I want to study for a dispatch license at either Sheffield or Jeppesen but don't know which one would be best.

I want to eventually work in Europe so the Jeppesen course in Frankfurt would be best to get a European feel for things.

The Sheffield school in Florida certainly sounds like the best one there is anywhere though.

Any thoughts on which way I should go?

Andy S

777YEG
1st Dec 2007, 19:25
Hi EMA747,

I attended Sheffield in the summer of '06. I got my FAA license and am now employed as a Flight Dispatcher for a large Canadian airline. There were folks in my course from Canada, China, UK, Italy, Jamaica, Ghana, and the US. The Americans included current and ex-Airforce/Army, as well as college students and professionals looking for a new career. It was quite a diverse group with lots of stories as experience.

As for the course, it is the only Dispatch course I have taken besides the in house training at my airline, but I thought it was fantastic. The instructor was top notch, very knowledgeable and ready to answer any and all questions. The course material is also excellent and all provided by the school. I still reference some of my texts and notes from that course today. It is a very intensive course that you will have to committ yourself to if you want to succeed, but it is worth it. Not to mention the south Florida weather is pretty darn good!

If you have any more questions, please don't hesiate to ask. Like I said, I have not taken the Jeppesen program, but I would recommend the Sheffield course to anyone. There are a few others in my office that have taken this course as well, and all gave it rave reviews.

Take care and happy dispatching!

777YEG :ok: