PDA

View Full Version : Polar Aviation

brad11
27th Nov 2007, 10:48
Hey Guys does anyone out there have any information on working for Polar Aviation in Port Hedland/Newman? I have checked out their website and I have used the search function. I’ve only come up with a small bit of info from 2005 when it appears they were in a little bit of hot water...

Interested in normal stuff like
General Working Conditions.
Pay, are on the books as full time or otherwise?
What are their aircraft like?
Accomodation? Is it provided or subsidised.
How many hours could you expect to fly per month?

Thanks in advance
B

DC323
29th Nov 2007, 08:21
Polar is a great company to work for (so I hear, from several ex-polar mates).
You will get to fly a heap of hours (mostly max. hours) in fast singles and twins and maybe even some turbine time on their 208 Caravan.

Polar has two bases, one in Newman and the main one in Port Hedland. Accommodation is provided FOC. You earn around 600-700pw before tax.

You need a CIR before applying. Currently though, I am quite sure they are not recruiting as they have just signed a new guy (or so I heard through a mate at King Leos).

Best time to apply would be early next year. In the mean time, I would get some fast single experience - 210, 206 sort of thing.

Try King Leo's or Broome Aviation?

Flight Me
29th Nov 2007, 09:25
Met the owner once, not a bad bloke. Had time for a chat and coffee as did his Pilot at the time.

SHAGGS
29th Nov 2007, 22:42
I haven't worked for Polar, but the owner isn't a bad bloke.
Their aircraft aren't to bad either, and they do a fair bit of work out of Hedland and Newman. I have flown with a few ex Polar pilots and they were all good blokes.

Without getting into politics, Polor would be the best operator to work for at Hedland. (Bloody hot place though !)

G'day Clarke !!!!!!!!!!!

Socket
29th Nov 2007, 23:45
Although I have never worked for Clark I have known him for about 17 years. He is one of the most genuine guys you are likely to meet. I would assume he would be the same as an employer.:ok:

pc12togo
30th Nov 2007, 00:02
Clark was the guy that that got me flying many years ago in good old Whyalla. Did my training with him in a PA 24 and it was a lot of fun. Never intended to do this as a living but now do. And mate im still doing it, but now in Adelaide.

I have know Clark before he started flying and is a good guy who i think would be a fun guy to work for. Good to here you are still doing well.

Would be good to catch up when ever you are in Adelaide.

KaptinZZ
30th Nov 2007, 00:55
Polar Aviation of Port Hedland; that has to be an oxymoron if ever there was one!!

How about Hot as Hell Aviation as an alternative?

Green gorilla
30th Nov 2007, 02:00
Worked for Clark for around 4 years back in the day when jobs were hard to come by i think guys are only doing around 12onths with the company
now which would be just right. :}