PDA

View Full Version : N, VP or M Reg

ab33t
27th Nov 2007, 10:44
Ok here is the scenario:

We are looking at placing a biz jet on charter in Europe , this is a private biz jet that is not being utilised sufficiently hence the expansion into biz market. The main dilemma is that the crew are all FAA rated and do not want to go down the JAA route for various reasons. I have been looking at many options but have not been able to find a conclusive answer 1) Keep it on N – sell shares 2) VP reg ? and have the crews licence validated 3) M reg can be private only. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

LGW Vulture
27th Nov 2007, 10:49
If you are operating for hire and reward "charter" in Europe then neither reg will work I'm afraid.

If operating N and "selling shares" then you are still required to operate to EASA standards.

ab33t
27th Nov 2007, 11:24
We do accept that we have to comply with EASA , PIC and SIC and all the compliance rules .

IO540
27th Nov 2007, 16:06
Surely you can sell shares on a Part 91 operated N-reg. This is commonly done.

Paying passengers is something else. I know nothing about this but it needs an AOC and AFAIK you won't get one for an N-reg in UK airspace.

Netjets does some kind of fractional ownership doesn't it? They are Portugese registered because the law over there enables the scheme they run.

Chippie Chappie
27th Nov 2007, 17:56
IO540, I think that if you do a little research, you'll find that Portugal, where NetJets operate under an AOC, is a JAA/EASA member state whereas the United States is not. ;)
Chips

skibeagle
27th Nov 2007, 18:11
You'll need to have the aircraft registered in a JAA state and have an AOC that permits hire/reward operations - along with all the operations manuals and other compliance requirements in place.

There are probably some JAA states that will validate FAA pilot licences (slovakia ?), will take some legwork to find them though.

AircraftOperations
27th Nov 2007, 18:23
There are VP- reg aircraft in the EU flying for reward, because their AOC is held by another EU registered operator.

JB007
27th Nov 2007, 18:26
No public transport on M-Reg aircraft, private catagory only!

ab33t
28th Nov 2007, 11:40
I have seen several VP reg Biz Jets doing AOC operations , the thing that I need to get to grips with is how is this being done.

tallinnman
28th Nov 2007, 12:34
Illegally?

Duck Rogers
29th Nov 2007, 14:19
3) M reg can be private only.

No public transport on M-Reg aircraft, private catagory only!

:rolleyes: Keep up at the back.

themoonsaballoon
30th Nov 2007, 06:10
Tallinman,
It is possible for Aircraft to be leased to an operator under an ICAO Annex 6 arrangement for 6 Months plus 6 month extension. Netjets use Aircraft from the US fleet into the European operation in this way,
TMAB

Russian Capt.
30th Nov 2007, 06:18
Hi!
If you will under N registered you may pass EU custom procedures with airplane import. It possible with Harrods aviation FBO in Luton. It costs approximately 300 GBP ant require just stop landing at Luton.
I uesd flying N regitered ACFT under Part 135 in EU with this scenario.
You can find out information at http://www.harrodsaviation.com/fbo/fbo_cabotage.html
regards!

ab33t
30th Nov 2007, 09:05
Russian Capt

Thanks for the info, will look into it.

Russian Capt.
30th Nov 2007, 16:25
Welcome anytime))):)

NuName
1st Dec 2007, 22:01
It would be a great mistake to assume that just because an aircraft is sporting a VP reg and operating for hire and reward that it was acting illegally.

merlinxx
2nd Dec 2007, 07:01
Negative for all under JAA/EASA rules. Crew have to convert to JAA FCL requirements for Hire & Reward. Also there are big US IRS implications, not just FAA.

ericthepilot
7th Dec 2007, 19:41
In order to operate the a/c in the European theater or elsewhere in the world, with no ramifications , you will have to set up an account in either Bermuda VP-B** or Cayman Islands VP-C**. The aircraft can either be USA or Europe owned and operated , either Private flight (Part 91) or for hire ( Part 135). Tag Aviation UK & CH and Jet Aviation CH both operate a fleet of aircraft that way and successfully for their respective owners. I have flown on either side of the Atlantic on VPB and VPC aircraft. For the crew it means that doing you annual simulator session and then send your paperwork of to the respective authorities. The airplane has an annual "paper" inspection with dedicated OI assigned by those countries, next to it's normal FAA/JAA etc country compliances. And it is the extra costs that make it sometimes prohibitive, but you do get that cool call sign.
For a single individual to achieve all this is very time consuming and frustrating as the information is out there but it takes a very long time to get all the ducks in a row and then keep them in a row. Hence a management company, with considerable experience in that field is a clear winning proposition.
I have no experience with M registered a/c.

Good luck