PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Contacts for BD700 Type Rated Pilots

nijiggajigga
27th Nov 2007, 08:39
This is just a request to anyone with a BD700 & experience in a Global Express aircraft...

I am part of a freeware design group for Flight Simulator and we are in the process of designing a Global Express for users to download and fly around in Microsoft Flight Sim.. and I'm looking for some help as far as documentation goes.. so if anyone has friends who are either pilots, mechanics, instructors, and anything else that has access to documents such as the AFM, IPC, or other documents showing specific components of the Global Express then please PM me.

There won't be any compensation unfortunately, since we are a freeware design group... but we will give credit to those who help us out.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to do this.

TFE731
27th Nov 2007, 11:44
I don't fly them myself but I would recomend looking at www.smartcockpit.com as that site seems to have plenty of info on them.

Are you going to do one for any of the Falcons?

TFE731

nijiggajigga
27th Nov 2007, 12:25
Yeah, I have all the .pdf's from smartcockpit.. and they were not too bad...

What I'm looking for is more detailed with the gear system, high-lift devices, and a few other things.. plus really close up pictures of a few parts of the aircraft (all exterior).

I don't have any plans right now for the Falcon, but I wouldn't mind knocking out a 900EX one day..

DA50driver
29th Nov 2007, 23:51
I will be more than happy to help you out. There is a Falcon 50 out there that is pretty good, but no good 900 sims.

glex01
2nd Dec 2007, 20:10
There is already a very good Global Express add on for Sim 2000. I have copied the following which may help you to get in touch with the people who made the add on.
Good luck.

Global Express panel Designed and built by Bluesteel for your enjoyment. All systems
are as acurate as the systems will allow. The FMC is not yet programmed for this model,
but it does work after a fashion. You may use some of the features in it, and also rely
upon most of the feedback data from it. The HUD is the nearest replica of the real
thing, and contains TCAS as a bonus, so when using GPS, you can mointior the TCAS on
the HUD.

Updates will be posted from time to time on the Bluesteel Webpages. Each update will
include all previous updates, so if you miss one, you can just download the latest one
and you will have all the goodies.[/SIZE]

nijiggajigga
3rd Dec 2007, 02:48
No offense to Bluesteel, but we build more detailed aircraft:

http://www.projectopensky.com.nyud.net/thumbnails/914.jpg

glex01
17th Dec 2007, 00:15
Well, put me on your list for beta testing if you like.
cheers,
G

Chally604
24th Dec 2007, 08:22
HI,

is there already some updated info regarding the BD700 Sim?
Are you working on it?

THX

Chally

nijiggajigga
24th Dec 2007, 11:38
I'm still working on it, amongst other projects...

I recently applied for Bombardiers Customer Information Center, but I haven't heard back from them.. most likely I was denied for the documents I needed.

This is why I'm looking for companies or individuals who are around this aircraft.. I can only do so much with pictures and if I can't find more documents that I need then I can't continue, and the project will be put aside until I get what I need.

Lindberg
25th Dec 2007, 17:43
May be I can help..

Chally604
26th Dec 2007, 11:17
Might also be able to help you.... post me.

nijiggajigga
25th Feb 2008, 10:52
I wanted to bring this topic back because I'm looking for a specific photo that I can not find on airliners.net or jetphotos.net..

I'm in the process of building the gear assemblies, and I'm stuck.. all the pictures I have of the gear are either from the side shot or a front shot..

According to the landing gear diagrams I grabbed off of smartcockpit.com (before Bombardier had them removed) show the strut shock tilted at a slight angle from the drag strut to the bracket at the top of the gear.. however all the pictures I have from the front I can't see the shock (because it's behind the strut) so if anyone has a picture of the Global Express (any model) main gear from behind (preferably close up) and is willing to share with me I would really appreciate the help :)

Bluesteelfs
25th Feb 2008, 20:23
Hi there Global BD700.

I have an already copleted version of that aircraft as I work for the company and it took something over 8000 hours to perfect. The Virtual Cockpit has never been finished but it has been started.

Talk some later.

Bluesteelfs
26th Feb 2008, 00:05
Actually they have not seen the FS9 version it would appear and the FS-X is in the works.
What they are attempting to do it would appear is to re-invent the wheel. The flight model is absolutely exact as per the original designers specifications including the Slats, Flaps to the detailm of no overlap at the mid wing. Thrust Drag coefficients are to the detail and flight performance parameters were supplied by the actual Test Pilots. GLEX was the original prototype that the cockpit concept was based on and then with the intervention of XML, secial gauges were written to the exact Honeywell specs. Without flying this model it would be impossible to comment on the absolute accuracy that has been built in. Bluesteel does not get offended, but tries to understand what the shortcomings are and work to correct them so the project increases in size exponentially. The RAF version is currently in full operation and running on 6 monitors with full touch screen Pedestal and overhead panels. The version 2.0 is only available from [email protected] as it is still in the final beta stage. Contact me to find out more.