PDA

View Full Version : Comair To LHR

ERASER
27th Nov 2007, 04:25
Comair to fly to London from Lanseria International Airport?

Comair is set to take its ‘first step in long-haul travel’ after obtaining the rights for four scheduled flights per week to the United Kingdom. Gidon Novick, joint CEO of Comair, is confident it will obtain rights to a daily service within the next few months. This could be the first schedules London service ever to operate from Lanseria, Novick told TravelHUB. " We're looking as an alternative to OR Tombo Int'l Airport, but have not yet come to a decision."

Novick says the airline has still not been advised as to which airport it will fly in the UK, but the destination will be London, though probably not Heathrow. “It's just impossible to get into Heathrow right now,” he said. London is obviously a highly competitive route, but this is the most travelled route in terms of airline traffic and is so popular that the nearest competitor, Frankfurt, closely followed by Dubai, has only a third of the London traffic. Still under consideration, says Novick, is whether the service will be operated by BA Comair or kulula.com and which aircraft Comair will acquire to operate the route. However, Novick's feeling is that it will most likely be a Boeing 767 or Boeing 777. Comair has a year to start operating the route.

777Contrail
27th Nov 2007, 06:04
I just wish they'll get a pilot involved with the planning as well...........

Lanseria!

Please, how much fuel/range will you get going out of FALA with a loaded 767 or 777?

That runway is NARROW. Not long enough. Serious slope. Renowned useless ILS!

GA flights bombing through the ATZ without using transponders or radios - serious accident waiting to happen!

Maintenance at FALA for a 767/777?

The list goes on and on...................

Now let's look at a pilot pool for the widebody fleet.
Comair's got problems keeping their domestic pilot pool intact, people are leaving in droves!

Where will the pilots for the wide bodies come from?

Ah! I heard the CPA let some contract pilots come in to rescue management.............

Now that management has a foot in the door, they can just go the wetleased way.

Keep nailing the domestic pool's pilots while paying the longhaul wetlease crew international rates............

WhinerLiner
27th Nov 2007, 08:23
Well why don't you start an airline and show the rest of the world how its done, since you know so much.

777Contrail
27th Nov 2007, 08:45
WhinerLiner,

I posted for those pilots that think outside the box.

You may crawl back to your rock now..........spider!

TwinJock
27th Nov 2007, 09:03
Sometimes I wonder if Gideon Novick knows anything about running an airline. This is one of those ideas where the said Gideon has woken up one morning and decided that Comair has to go to London / Stanstead / Lutton / Gatwick.

777Contrail is correct - Comair is a small player in a big market and if they have not even decided what type of aircraft they will use, from where they will operate, and low and behold, where they will operate to, then warning bells must be ringing for CPA! It seems nothing has been planned as yet. 777's are not standing around doing nothing, not even 767 are available at short notice!

Nationwide jumped in at the correct time - Comair was too conservative and waited too long. The fat years are coming to an end and they should have been on the route a long time ago.

Watch your backs CPA - management is slowly busy shafting you!

REAL ORCA
27th Nov 2007, 09:04
I just wish they'll get a pilot involved with the planning as well...........

I share your sentiments. The long haul keep popping up every time salary negotiations are addressed. Lanseria is definitely not an option. Think he was just sweet talking the press!