PDA

View Full Version : Info needed to be employed in India...

EKULfreqflyer
27th Nov 2007, 04:02
Hello guys,

This is my first time posting at Pprune. I have an FAA Ppl with Instrument rating. Hoping to finish my ratings and head to India where I hope to fly with an airline. I have a few questions even though this may have been asked many times in previous forums:

I hold an Indian OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) status. Will I be considered as an Indian citizen or as an expat when I submit my application for employment with airlines?
I need more details on the FAA to Indian DGCA license conversion.
Is tht true tht when u come in with a type rating, they can defer the license conversion if u hold an ICAO valid license? ( since USA and India are members of ICAO).
I also hear tht there are DGCA approved aircraft list for flight training (im not sure though as i remember reading this some where). Where can I get that List of aircraft?Thats all for now. Pls give me much advice as u guys can.

Thanks

EKULfreqflyer

Airplane Crazy
28th Nov 2007, 02:21
You will be considered as a Indian citizen. For type rating unless you are loaded or someone already gurantees you a solid job don't do it. They cost a lot and they are only good for one airplane.

Plus to get a nice job easy in India all you need is a good connection, so if you are an Indian citizen and if you know the right people you might just be flying a big lady with just commecial multi.

divinesoul
28th Nov 2007, 04:14
# I need more details on the FAA to Indian DGCA license conversion.

Check DGCA website they have come up with a new circular about what needs to be done for conversion.

And i doubt Air India will take u in since u are an OCI.But dont take my word on it.

and definetly if u hold OCI u will be on local terms since u have the right to live and work in India.

Cheers.

Ejector
28th Nov 2007, 05:32
The FAA is not ICAO